Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  May Office Hours Recap

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2021 05:40 PM

May Rally Office Hours Recap

As a follow-up to our May Rally Office Hours session, we'd like to share some highlights in addition to the questions that were asked, along with their respective answers. 

Thank you to all who joined us live. We appreciate your feedback and participation in the last session and are looking forward to our next one. If you were not able to attend, there is always an opportunity to ask questions here on the Rally Community discussion board, and we'll do our best to answer. 

Join us on Thursday, June 24, at 12PM ET for our June Session (add to calendar or view upcoming sessions). We look forward to connecting with you!

May Session Recap

Discussion topic: Marketing Events Update
    Discussion lead by Pam Wilder 

For this month's update, Pam Wilder from Rally Product Marketing shared information about the events we will be hosting and attending this summer and fall. If you are interested in attending additional information can be found below and if you are already attending please stop by our virtual booth to say hello!

Questions and Answers:
    Responses from Chris Pola, Noel Rodriguez, Nancy Failla, and Pam Wilder

• Is there a way to bulk update or cascade permissions to a team (project) after the initial creation of the team? We want to allow users that exist in the workspace to view/edit a project, but cascade wasn't selected when the project was created. 
      • You can perform a bulk edit on users from the Subscription Administration page.
    • When managing defect suites:
      • When I add a defect it doesn't show up in the revision history but shows up in the revision history of the defect suite. Is this intentional functionality?
        • That is correct that the defect creation shows in the revision history of the defect suite; however, any updates to the defects themselves show in the revision history of the individual defect.
      • When I delete a defect suite it doesn't go into the recycle bin but is permanently deleted. Are there any other artifacts that behave like that? Why is this the intended functionality?
        • Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have logged this as an enhancement request. 
    • Is there an easier way to create timeboxes that are in future months or years? Right now I have to click on the calendar too many times to reach the timeframe I am looking for. It would make it much easier if there was an option to just type in the desired date.
      • Unfortunately this is currently not an available option, but we will log it as an enhancement request. 
    • What is the easiest way to delete a portfolio item along with its children? Currently if I delete a portfolio item, its children are just disassociated and left hanging which makes it really difficult to find those children to delete. 
      • When you expand the portfolio item to expose its children, you can select the highest level and use [Shift]+right click on the last item to select all the children.
    • Regarding Risks:
      • Is a custom board or list the only way to see all of the risks in one place?
        • Risks can also be seen on the work views page
      • Where else can risks be seen other than 'work views" (I'm not asking about artifacts tabs but instead, which pages? I do not see them anywhere on the iteration status or release planning page).
        • That is correct, risks do not appear on those pages. While we may consider adding a section for risks in the future, this is currently not on the roadmap. 
      • How is a team supposed to plan for working on a risk without seeing it on the iteration status or release planning page? There are the main pages that teams use to track their work.
        • We have intentionally separated the risk artifact from the rest of the work artifacts. We do not consider risks 'work' but instead items that need visibility and should be monitored over time. Users have the ability to associate work items to risks that may be required to resolve or mitigate the risk. We recommend having a custom risk board, or workview, created and easily accessible during your planning ceremonies. 
      • What is the difference between Schedule State, State and Response fields? Can you provide an example use case?
        • Schedule State for risks is intended to indicate the overall status of the risk regardless of flow state. For example, the item can be In Progress whether the flow state is Owned, Accepted, etc. The Response field represents the flow states.

Suggest a Topic!

We want to hear from you! Are there any topics you would like to discuss during our opening discussion? If so, comment on this post, and we will take it into consideration for our future sessions.

On Feedback and Feature Requests

We know that there is always a desire to submit Feedback and Feature Requests during these sessions. The best way for our product team to receive feedback and feature requests is through the Feedback button in Rally (via the upper right-hand corner of any Rally page). 

------------------------------
    Product Marketing Manager
    Rally Software
    ------------------------------