DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

UMP portal its not showing a device discovered with snmp collector probe

• 1.  UMP portal its not showing a device discovered with snmp collector probe

Posted Feb 19, 2020 06:47 PM
    Hi guys,

I have installed UIm version 8.5.1 and used snmp collector probe to add network devices using snmp. I can created the profile for the device on the snmp probe and discover it.

I have historical information for the device in SLM.

But the device its not showed on UMP.

I try to stop/start the snmp collector probe. Erase and recreate the profile of the device in the snmp probe, bit nothings works. I discovered other devices and they are showed on UMP without any problem.

¿Anyone can help me, to know why the device its not shown on UMP?

I hope you can help me.

Regards

Jose

• 2.  RE: UMP portal its not showing a device discovered with snmp collector probe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2020 02:57 AM
    Hello Jose, 

please run the following query in the UIM database

select * from CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM where name = '<hostname>'   

for <hostname> us the ipaddress, the short hostname and the fullqualified hostname of the device to see if it is in this table. 

Also have a look at the article https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=33910 which explains how QOS data and device data is stored in UIM DB.

Kind regards,
    Britta

• 3.  RE: UMP portal its not showing a device discovered with snmp collector probe

Posted Feb 20, 2020 01:27 PM
    it is usually best to use the USM Discovery Wizard for discovery, this will ensure it shows up in USM. 
    This has the added benefit of being able to query discovery wizard to rebuild the profiles if there should every be a need to. 
    http://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/snmpcollector-snmp-data-monitoring/snmpcollector-ac-configuration/configure-snmp-authentication-and-device-discovery.html

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: UMP portal its not showing a device discovered with snmp collector probe

Posted Feb 20, 2020 02:40 PM
    Hi David,

I run the discover from the USM Discovery Wizard biu the device its not showed yet.

Regards

Jose

• 5.  RE: UMP portal its not showing a device discovered with snmp collector probe

Posted Feb 20, 2020 02:37 PM
    Hi Britta,

When I run the query did not show any result for the IP or the hostname of the device.

Regards

Jose

• 6.  RE: UMP portal its not showing a device discovered with snmp collector probe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2020 01:42 PM
    Make sure that probe_discovery messages are making it to the primary from the snmpcollector hub.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/snmpcollector-snmp-data-monitoring/snmpcollector-ac-configuration/snmpcollector-hub-configuration.html

• 7.  RE: UMP portal its not showing a device discovered with snmp collector probe

Posted Feb 20, 2020 02:41 PM
    Hi Chris,

We have other 3 devices from the same subnet and all of them can be discovered and are reporting data in UMP.

Regards

Jose

• 8.  RE: UMP portal its not showing a device discovered with snmp collector probe
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 20, 2020 03:11 PM
    Hi guys,

The device exists in the excluded devices on the primary HUB and where the discovery server runs. I erased the lines for the 172.17.109.237 IP address. Then stop/restar discovery server probe. After that we run the discovery wizard and the device was showed on UMP and the CM_Computer_system. Finally the metrics were showed after run a Configuration-->Monitoring-->SNMP-->SnmpCollector and Use discovery Filters.

And metrics for the devices are showed too.

Jose