DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

• 1.  How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Posted Aug 08, 2019 03:51 AM
    We are trying to schedule the report in this dashboard filed showing read-only , we need to change the dashboard filed based on the device name or interface name .

• 2.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Posted Aug 19, 2019 03:34 AM
    Hi All,

Can anyone help me on this please..
    Thanks,
    john.

• 3.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Posted Aug 20, 2019 04:42 AM
    Edited by Catalin Farcasanu Aug 20, 2019 04:43 AM
    That's the name of the dashboard you're scheduling. Change the dashboard name.

• 4.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Posted Aug 20, 2019 05:39 AM
    HI Catalin,

The Dashboard name is showing read only format. because we are scheduling the interface from device interface context page.

Thanks,
    john.

• 5.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Posted Sep 25, 2019 06:09 AM
    Hi All,

Thanks,
    john.

• 6.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Posted Sep 27, 2019 02:12 AM
    Hi All,

Thanks,
    john.

• 7.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Posted Oct 01, 2019 02:32 AM
    Hi All,

Thanks,
    john.

• 8.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2019 05:30 PM
    John,

As Catalin mentioned, you need to change the name of the Dashboard/On-Demand Report itself.  That field is pulled in from the name of your Dashboard/On-Demand Report, you cannot change it on that screen, you must edit the Dashboard/On-Demand Report proper if you want to have the name changed.

Regards,
    Troy

• 9.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Posted Oct 03, 2019 02:32 AM
    Hi Troy,

Yes we can create the on demand report , but what is the problem means , when we are creating the on demand report we are not able to add the interface bandwidth in the report like ehealth .
    in the ca pm have the link speed metrics but when we are enable that we are facing the another issue .
    if the link speed is 100Mbps then the graph is showing 100Mbps in the y axis but the link in and out is in kbps means the graph is not showing properly.
    for example : interface speed is 16 Mbps and in and out utilization is below 100 bps .(because of interface speed added in the report the y axis is populating based on the bandwidth speed then the in and out is too low -show the value is lying on the x axis only.).
    with interface speedwithout interface speed in report.
    with out interface speed report showing the in and out value

ehealth :

ehealth is showing bandwidth speed in the right side top
    Thanks,
    john.

• 10.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Posted Oct 15, 2019 02:56 AM
    Hi All,

Can anyone help me on this.
    Thanks,
    john.

• 11.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Posted Oct 16, 2019 05:57 AM
    Hi All,

Can anyone help me on this.
    Thanks,
    john.

• 12.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2019 01:45 PM
    John,

Are you just trying to manually enter the speed into the title of the report, if so just edit the title of the dashboard itself that you are scheduling as Catalin and I mentioned above.  As for adding speed as a metric, you can see in your example that is going to vastly skew your data when you have such a large difference in scale between speed and actual throughput.

Regards,
    Troy

• 13.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm

Posted Oct 21, 2019 04:35 AM
    Hi Troy,

We are not trying to add the speed manually. 
    and yes we can add the speed manually but whenever the bandwidth speed is changed we need to go and edit that again.
    when we are schedule this report we are getting the read only format.

Thanks,
    john.

• 14.  RE: How to change the read-only filed in on-demand report ca pm
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2019 04:13 PM
    John,

Unfortunately, the options I am aware of is either add the speed to the name of the Dashboard itself (not on the email screen, the actual dashboard name as that is where it is being derived from) or add the speed as a metric.  The later has the unfortunate problem of when there is a massive difference in scale, you will have a hard time viewing the data.

As for the read-only, that is because as I said above, you are trying to alter the name in the email which is read-only.  You need to edit the name of the actual dashboard you are trying to email.

You may want to add an idea to the Ideation or Idea Wall of the forums to get something of this nature (auto-show the numerical speed value off to the side of a report) added.  You can find that page here:

https://community.broadcom.com/participate/ideation-home?IdeationConfigurationKey=275c031b-44b4-489f-91c7-0c83235f2d8c&Page=1&CategoryKeys=73db7c79-e700-49bc-969a-3b9b528fe03c&StatusKeys=&Sort=MostRecent

Regards,
    Troy