Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  CLARITY 13.1 -> REFRESH PAGE BY THE PROCESS

Posted Dec 07, 2012 03:47 AM
    HI ALL,
    in Clarity 12.0.6 I had the process started in creation phase of ideas. This process updated e locked some attributes. The problem was :
    1) the User click new idea, insert the attribute e preme save
    2) The process start and update and lock some attribute
    4) But the page isn't refresh and the User doesn't view the attributes lock\updated by the process.

In new Clarity 13.1 this problem was resolved? Is there any workaround possible?

Thank You Very Much

• 2.  RE: CLARITY 13.1 -> REFRESH PAGE BY THE PROCESS

Posted Dec 07, 2012 08:43 PM
    Hi Gaetano,

I had never seen this behavior, because if you have a custom process created and then you run, on the step that have the system action "lock some fields", sufficient that you updates the project and you should be able of see this change.

1 - This behavior occurs just with a specific process?
    2 - The fields that are locked are all custom attributes?
    2 - If you have another custom processes that have a system action "lock some fields" also this problem occurs?
    3 - There maybe a CLRTxxx, but I'm not sure of this.

I've worked with Clarity v13 performing this type of lock from some fields and I had never seen this behavior, works perfect.

On Clarity 12.0, you have tried the creation of a new custom process, but this time working with subpages?, namely, they reached a certain stage of the process and then hide a specific subpage and after when you need show it again?

Regards,
    Nicolas

• 3.  RE: CLARITY 13.1 -> REFRESH PAGE BY THE PROCESS
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 08, 2012 02:57 PM
    When talking about when the valued changed by the process is seen in the GUI I tested a simple process which is started when a value of an attribute of an object is changed the process writes a value to another attribute.
    When the value of the first attribute is changed and I hit save the value is written to the db and that fires the process which writes the value to the second attribute.
    I can verify that from the database.
    In the GUI nothing happens, because there is no read from the database.
    When I do refresh or open the same view on another tab the value written by the process is displayed.

That is what I should expect as well: A process written value to be displayed only after refresh.

However, when I have a calculated attribute which is based on the value of another attribute the calculated attribute changes immediately when the other one is saved.

Martti K.

• 4.  RE: CLARITY 13.1 -> REFRESH PAGE BY THE PROCESS

Posted Jan 03, 2013 06:08 AM

nsanzanac wrote:

Hi Gaetano,

I had never seen this behavior, because if you have a custom process created and then you run, on the step that have the system action "lock some fields", sufficient that you updates the project and you should be able of see this change.

2 - If you have another custom processes that have a system action "lock some fields" also this problem occurs?

I've worked with Clarity v13 performing this type of lock from some fields and I had never seen this behavior, works perfect.

On Clarity 12.0, you have tried the creation of a new custom process, but this time working with subpages?, namely, they reached a certain stage of the process and then hide a specific subpage and after when you need show it again?

Regards,
    Nicolas
    HI nicolas,
    below my answer:
    Thank you for your message.

nsanzanac wrote:

Hi Gaetano,

- with all process

- as custom as standard

yeas, if you don't refresh the page (the changes by process doesn't view in the GUI)

I don't know

Try this:
    - Create a very simple process that start in creation phase for example when you create un idea and lock an attribute (time entry or else)
    - create an idea e push save ( not save&return)
    - saw the attribute it doesn't lock , but it your refresh the page it's locked

if you work with the subpages that problem doesn't appears becasue you refresh the page HTML.

Regards,
    Nicolas

• 5.  RE: CLARITY 13.1 -> REFRESH PAGE BY THE PROCESS

Posted Jan 07, 2013 04:27 AM
    Gaetano,

the observed behaviour is the standard behaviour of Clarity.

Processes run asynchronously. Clarity renders the HTML view, and then the process changes something in the object. If you just sit there looking at the screen, you will not observe any change.
    There is no way (that I know of) that a process can trigger a screen refresh (browser reload) onces it is completed.
    Having said that, the user should see the changed values once he reloads, navigates somewhere else, etc.

If you really need instantaneous feedback about changed fields, this could be achieved by a "save" trigger on the database table. This is an unsupported customization, though, and ist strongly discouraged by CA.

There were a couple of technical presentations from CA about improving BG performance available. Maybe that would be a way to go for you - tune BG performance so the delay is not as noticable by the user.

Daniel