Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Services Object Problem

• 1.  Services Object Problem

Posted May 11, 2016 04:17 PM

Hi everyone!

We are having some issues with the Services Object.

This error is displayed when we complete any field from any subpage:

INV-0008: Cannot convert entered currency to base currency.

The workaround we found is to complete manually the "Currency" field on "Financial Summary" subpage. It appears empty by default, althought we set a default value.

We notice this attribute doesn't have any default value on Project Object, however it is automatically completed when a project is created. We checked there were non processes run in order to complete this.

We have these questions:

1. Why default value in "Currency" attribute doesn't work on Services Object?

2. How is "Currency" attribute automatically completed on Project Object?

3. How can we set "Currency" attribute (on Services Object) the same behavior as on Project Object?

Can anyone help us?

Regards!

• 2.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted May 23, 2016 07:18 AM

Good day,

Try and set the the default value within the Investment object rather than the Service object. If you look in the Attributes list for the Service object, the Currency Code is actually stored in the INV_INVESTMENTS table (which is controlled by the Investments object).

Unfortunately I do not have access to a test machine to try this out at the moment.

Regards,Val

• 3.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted May 23, 2016 04:00 PM

Hi Val, thanks for your answer!

We already had the default value within the Investment object, but it didn't work

Would it be a bug in our implementation?

• 4.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted May 23, 2016 04:26 PM

Not sure if this is necessarily a bug, but I would not count it out. Some other things you can try before resorting to checking with Support:

• Set the default value in the Views section of the objects, as you can set an overriding value in there also.
    • Check if perhaps there isn't a Project-based process that is setting the currency for projects - not sure why this would affect Service objects, but if the currency is set via a process, then perhaps something similar can be accomplished for services
    • In our system, we only have the one currency active (ZAR) and currency was set correctly when I set a default in the Service object. Perhaps in your test environment, if there are multiple currencies active, then set only one to be active and see what happens.
    • Check that there is a default currency for your financial entity. In the Entity defintion, there is Home currency, Default billing currency, and Reporting currency; check all three of them.

That's all I can think of right now...

Val

• 5.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted May 24, 2016 05:14 AM

Hello,

I do agree with Val. Just to add 2 more points:-

1. If there is a default value in the Object Views for the Currency attribute, make sure to change it across the correct Partition (in case if you have any).

2. If the Default System Currency within the Financial Setup tab on the Admin side is causing a hindrance to the Currency attribute within the Services Object, then this value cannot be changed. The Default System Currency is selected during the CA Clarity PPM Installation and it's value cannot be altered later (as far as I know).

Suhail.

• 6.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted May 24, 2016 02:07 PM

Hi!

Thanks both of you for your answers.

We found out that the error disappears if we press the "Save" button within the "Financial Summary" subpage, even if we don't fill or modify any field !!

Isn't it an strange behavior?

Maybe a process is automatically run after pressing that button, but we haven't found any within the Service instance we worked on. Maybe we don't look at the right section.

Can you tell us if there are other section to check that?

Regards

• 7.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted May 25, 2016 08:42 AM

Hello,

Is the Currency attribute within the Financial Summary page dependent on or linked to any other attribute within the same page or vice versa? You can check this within the Attributes section of the Services Object.

Suhail.

• 8.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted May 26, 2016 11:51 AM

Hi Suhail,

We took a look at the Attributes section of the Services Object as you suggested, but we didn't find any dependent on or linked attribute.

Here I attached an image of the currency attribute properties.

Is this page where you suggested to check it out?

Regards

currency attribute properties.jpg

• 9.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted Jun 01, 2016 09:51 AM

Hi,

Yes right! I even meant if any other attribute in linked to the Currency attribute or if the Currency attribute is dependent on any other attribute within the list of attributes? So, you've to check the UI page where the Currency attribute is listed and check out all the other attributes too, within the Attributes section, present on the same UI page.

Suhail.

• 10.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted Jun 07, 2016 05:41 PM

Hi Flo - Did Suhail's response answer your question? If so please mark it as Correct Answer. Thanks! Chris

• 11.  Re: Services Object Problem
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 08, 2016 12:08 PM

Hi Chris and Suhail!

Unforttunately, there are no dependent attributes. I've checked it everywhere.

Anyway, the error disappears when we click on "Save" button, even if we don't complete or modify any field, so we think this is a bug or something wrong with our implementation.

We are about to upgrade our version of Clarity, so we expect this problem will be solved then.

Could I close this discussion without a correct anwer?

Thanks a lot!

• 12.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted Jun 09, 2016 10:32 AM

Cool! If you believe upgrade resolve then there you go! If it doesn't this can always be reopened

• 13.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted Jun 09, 2016 10:53 AM

We hope so!

Thanks Chris!

• 14.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted Jun 09, 2016 02:26 AM

Hi Flor,

This sounds like a Browser issue to me. There have been issues with some versions of CA Clarity PPM on the IE and Firefox in the past. In case if you are using any of these Browsers for your work, try using Google Chrome instead and see if it works for you.

Regards,

Suhail.

• 15.  Re: Services Object Problem

Posted Jun 09, 2016 10:17 AM

Hi Suhail,

I'm sorry to say we always use Chrome

We've tried in IE and Mozilla anyway, just to see if we are lucky, but same error appears.

We really apreaciate your suggestions and help!

Thanks a lot!