Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Ability to set Proxy in automated way

Posted Jun 22, 2015 01:17 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to set proxy in an automated way, I mean through Xog?

If a Resource manager/project manager leave the company under certain circumstances, then it may take time to assign the resources to a new RM or to assign a new PM to project. In this time frame if any resource submit time sheet then the action items will be created for Inactive RM or PM. So I am wondering will there be any way to set the proxy for a terminated RM/ PM so that action items will be redirected to a new person?

• 2.  Re: Ability to set Proxy in automated way

Posted Jun 22, 2015 01:33 PM

I believe this has come up through a Support issue that was discussed at the end of last week, and the answer is that through XOG, no, you cannot read/write the proxy user settings of the User object.

You could create an NSQL Query to read (via XOG) the current settings, but NSQL Queries are not available for write operations and the understanding is that you wanted to change this information too, so it's not applicable as a solution.

• 3.  Re: Ability to set Proxy in automated way

Posted Jun 22, 2015 01:39 PM

Thanks for the Reply Nick.

If auto setting of proxy is not possible, then can you please let me know a way to stop sending the action items to inactive PM/RM.? FYI: We have a time sheet approval process that sent action items to PM and RM for their approval.

• 4.  Re: Ability to set Proxy in automated way

Posted Jun 22, 2015 02:11 PM

For past occurrences there may be others who can say how they've found it best to handle this.

For future occurrences, you might want to prevent this altogether with an improved procedure.  Perhaps by having a query or similar that lets you view if a user is still a PM/RM of anybody before they are terminated in the system, so that you can see which resources need to be updated before the changes are made.