Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jaspersoft Cross Tab report

Posted Feb 08, 2018 11:32 AM

I am trying to create a cross tab report in Clarity/Jaspersoft 15.3 against a custom domain. I am doing this in Advanced reporting not Jaspersoft studio.

It is painfully slow to make changes. By default, it seems to collapse all of the rows and show the word "Totals". By default it also shows sub-totals by field. The report is useless if all it shows is the word Totals. To get the report to show any data I have to go through each field and 1) Delete the row summary and 2) Expand the members. I have to do each of these separately.

Is there a way I can set the defaults to be expanded and without row summaries?

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Cross Tab report
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 04, 2018 07:19 PM

Hi Colum,

Do check out the following reporting documentation that provides some best practices for views, domains, and custom report development. There are some tips in there on how to improve performance in general and also when creating crosstab views and reports:

Ad Hoc Views and Custom Report Development - CA PPM - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Ad Hoc Views and Custom Report Development - CA PPM SaaS - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Best, Sarmistha

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft Cross Tab report

Posted Mar 09, 2018 02:24 PM

Thank-you for the response. I had read through this many times before I submitted the question. However, while the documentation is useful, it does not address the specific questions I asked.

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft Cross Tab report

Posted Mar 09, 2018 02:44 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

I will review your questions with an SME and see if we can add more information to the documentation around those areas.

Regards

Sarmistha

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft Cross Tab report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2018 11:25 AM

Hi Colum,

There are two part to this question

1. Slowness - We need to find out where the actual slowness is, it could be slow at server side, it could be due to the custom domain design. 

2. Setting  the default, there is something called pre filter  where you can filter the data but and in the filter you can set value as default but thats only after creating the report and not at run time while creation of report. 

Note: Adhoc report doesn't fit the bill of creating complex logic and for that Studio reports are preferred. Hope this helps.

Regards

Suman Pramanik