CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Service Catalog

Posted Apr 01, 2016 02:45 AM

Hi there,

Is there any way to prevent request creation in IT Service Catalog?? we are using version 12.5

we have done this in CA Service Desk Manager but we also want to stop Request creation in Catalog as well.

If there is any way please let me know.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: CA Service Catalog

Posted Apr 04, 2016 01:18 AM

please help.

• 3.  Re: CA Service Catalog

Posted Apr 04, 2016 12:43 PM

Hi Sonakshi,

As mentioned in the Support case I could suggest including an onSubmit JavaScript function to the offering forms which returns anything other than 'true' similar to the following:

disableSubmit:function(){
      alert('Requests cannot be submitted at this time.');
      return false;

Following is from the 14.1 wiki:

onSubmit
    Specifies the JavaScript function to run when the user submits the request that contains the form.
    This function must return a Boolean value. If the function returns any value except true, the form is not submitted.
    Multiple forms having an onSubmit attribute can appear on a single page. In that case, each JavaScript function runs when the user submits the form that includes the function.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/using/service-catalog-management/manage-forms/form-attributes

Thanks,
    Jason

• 4.  RE: Re: CA Service Catalog

Posted Jan 11, 2024 12:29 AM

can u please send the main.css file in themes folder

• 5.  Re: CA Service Catalog

Posted Apr 04, 2016 08:31 PM

Is it you want to stop requests for a specific offering or all offerings? You can edit an offering and set the Unavailable After date to hide it in the Catalog.

• 6.  Re: CA Service Catalog

Posted Apr 05, 2016 03:28 AM

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your help!

I have few queries regarding this.

If we include an onSubmit JavaScript function to the offering forms , then whenever user raises any request it will give a pop as denied which is correct. But in case if the user wants to edit the requests and save it, it will still not allow the user to save it. We want the users to refrain from creating any new requests but allow them to edit and update the existing requests.

Also, in case if we want to revert this change, is there a possible way??

• 7.  Re: CA Service Catalog

Posted Apr 05, 2016 09:37 AM

I don't think there's a way to leverage the onSubmit function to disable the submit and also allow for editing of existing requests. For this you may want to just set 'Unavailable After' on the root folder as Lindsay_Estabrooks mentioned.

• 8.  Re: CA Service Catalog

Posted Apr 07, 2016 04:44 AM

Thanks Jason and Lindsay for your help!

• 9.  Re: CA Service Catalog

Posted Nov 29, 2018 12:31 PM

I know this is an old post, but for others that stumble upon this answer as I did, there is a way to prevent new submissions from the onSubmit function. In your onSubmit function, do a check for the exposed request status:

onSubmitFunc : function() {

if (_.request.status == -1)

{

alert("Sorry, new submissions are not allowed at this time");

return false;

}

return true;

}

Any previously submitted requests will have their request ID populated in that variable instead. Make sure at the end of your function you return true as it appears the system is looking for confirmation that a submit is good to go.

• 10.  RE: Re: CA Service Catalog

Posted Jan 11, 2024 12:32 AM

can you please send me the the main.css file which is in filestore themes folder