Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  How to get request response out from VSI

Posted Feb 09, 2018 12:35 AM

Hi There

Is there a way we can get the request & response out of VSI file. The use case I am having is to collect all the request & response loaded into Virtual service (Kind of getting raw dump of request & response).

If there is out of the box support let me know or do I need to build a custom parser to pull the detail out.

Thanks

Ajay

• 2.  Re: How to get request response out from VSI

Posted Feb 09, 2018 10:30 AM

Hi Ajay,

The raw traffic file should contain the raw requests and responses from the time virtual service was created.

When you record a VS using DevTest Portal, the raw traffic is created under the $LISA_HOME/vseRecording/VSE_2013/<randomName>/Project/Data/ folder. When creating a VS from request and response pairs using Portal, the raw traffic file is created under $LISA_HOME/<ProjectName>/Data/ folder.

In the Workstation you have to select the option to export the raw traffic file when creating the VS.

After the VS is created there is no out of the box feature that "exports" the request and response used to create that virtual service.

Hope it helps.

Heloisa

• 3.  Re: How to get request response out from VSI
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 10, 2018 09:06 AM

Hi,

If You want to capture the Request and Response for running Virtual Service follow the below process,

1. Time Stamp Filter to capture the date and time

2. Use Save Property Value to File Filter on Listener Step to write Request to a file,

3. Use Execute Script Step after Response Selection Step to get the exact response from the lisa.vse.response,

4. Again use Save Property Value to File Filter on Execute Script Step to write response to a file,

All the requests and responses will be stored in the file location. 

Best Regards,

Venkat Yedida