Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

• 1.  AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Jan 10, 2018 05:55 AM
    Description:
    The Executions Tab per default only shows the last 50 executions of a object.
    If more than 50 records exist this is indicated by the label (50+).

lba424sksox2.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/w2/lba424sksox2.png" width="874">

Question:
    But how can I see more?

Solution
    Therefore please open the JAVA UI.
    Via the User Settings it is possible to change the display limit.
    Please note: This has to be done per User.

chjue10w5u0o.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/q6/chjue10w5u0o.png" width="680">

• 2.  Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Jun 05, 2018 08:41 AM

I have access only to Automic Web Interface Version12 and not to User Interface hence please suggest a procedure to change the display limit from 50 runs to maximum on execution tab as I couldn't see the settings option available in AWI.

• 3.  Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2018 01:15 PM

Hi,

Please see the link below to our KB article. It has some screen captures to show how to do this.

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/how-to-increase-the-number-of-statistic-records-shown-in-awi/KB000092691

• 4.  RE: Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Aug 20, 2019 04:06 AM
    I have no filter on the executions window. (version 12.2.2)

• 5.  RE: Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Aug 20, 2019 04:26 AM
    Hi, 
    go to process monitoring then you find the filter button on the right.
    you have to activate "include deactivated tasks", after that you get the time frame drop down.
    Note: "include deactivated tasks" is a separated privilege on user rights.
    as of AWI 12.3 the ability to set the number of statistics in user settings is back again.

------------------------------
    Thx & rgds
    Christian

• 6.  RE: Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Aug 20, 2019 04:57 AM
    Word of warning:

Be ​careful with large queries in general, but that "include deactivated tasks" box in particular.

Starting a query that takes long enough for AWI to get a timeout will, well, only result in a timeout, but the query will keep running in the database. AE will NOT cancel it.

The query parameters for that search form are, afaik, stored in the database and recalled each time the page is reloaded. So even when you close the browser and open it, or delete all cookies, it will start the query anew, which will inevitably lead to a timeout again.

When you use ANOTHER browser, it will also recall the search parameters, and run yet another search and you can't do anything about it, which will inevitably lead to a timeout again.

If you think stopping this cycle is what the "reset" button is for, yeah ... it will be greyed out during the search as expected, but will remain so even after the timeout error message, so it's entirely unusable to stop this cycle.

Then, when you reload the page or open your user session in the same, or different browsers often enough, you will have saturated the number of simultaneous queries the engine and/or your database can handle, and login to the AE will no longer be possible until you restart part of your AE engine.

This is, at present, a perfect storm scenario of (censored).

So avoid ticking that box if possible.

• 7.  RE: Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Aug 20, 2019 05:01 AM
    it s a good workaround but you afraid me with this warning !

• 8.  RE: Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Aug 20, 2019 05:25 AM
    Well, while the messenger bandages his wounds ;) ​this one would like to point out that the monsters in the darkness should be more scary than those seen (and thus, which can be avoided) but I understand what you're saying.

Fwiw, I reported this behaviour already and hope it will be addressed and fixed in the future.

Br,

• 9.  RE: Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Aug 20, 2019 04:45 AM
    I think this is a missunderstanding in part due to a, and this is my personal opinion, badly written KB article.

If there are in fact more than 50 entries to be shown (i.e. the cut-off for purging entries from the database is higher than 50), then setting a filter acts as a crude workaround around the display limit in 12.2. I think this is the actual message of that KB article.

What you really want is Automic Automation and AWI 12.3, in which this can be configured in the settings (top, right hand side menu):

This was only introduced with 12.3, afaik.

For some reason though, my 12.2 installation does show me 999 entries regardless. I think (but not entirely sure) that is because I connected with the old "fat client" or Java client back when that was a 12.1 install, and set it to 999 back then. It's a user setting stored somewhere in the database, iirc. You might want to try if the old client can still connect to your 12.2. If that still connects, you can increase your display limit in the user settings of the old client interface, and this should carry over to AWI - again, if I remember correctly.

Otherwise, use an additional date filter to get the entries you want.

Hth,

• 10.  RE: Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Aug 20, 2019 04:50 AM
    Hi, 
    the settings are stored in db-table "ini" section = settings.

Thx & rgds
    Christian

• 11.  RE: Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Aug 20, 2019 05:10 AM
    I m confirm for 999 entries, i have trie this morning after see this article.

What is the purpose of the variable  GENERIC_STATISTICS_LIMIT in UC_SYSTEM_SETTING  ?

• 12.  RE: Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Aug 20, 2019 05:13 AM
    ​GENERIC_STATISTICS_LIMIT is a limit that a sysadmin can set. I will NOT set the individual limit for individual users, it's just the general "ceiling" for the entire system.

So only if GENERIC_STATISTICS_LIMIT > 50 and the user's individual setting > 50, will you see more than 50 entries.

Again, this information afaik and iirc.

• 13.  RE: Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Aug 20, 2019 05:32 AM
    Thanks for everything I got more answers in 1 hour than in three months with support !

• 14.  RE: Re: AWI - How to change the display limit of 50 records in the Executions Tab

Posted Aug 20, 2019 05:33 AM
    You're very welcome :)​