CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Service Catalog issues in Service Point

Posted May 01, 2019 08:36 AM

I am testing Service Point on my lab environment and i have found a few issues when using service catalog's offerings through service point:

- When a service catalog offering opens a ticket in service desk it doesnt show the Service Desk status, it just keep with the Service Catalog one. 

- If i click on the ticket number it takes me to the classic service desk instead of the xflow view

- When i search for a category on the main page the offerings image and description is not showed

- Also when the service point search doesnt get results when i search using the words of a description from an offering 

Are these errors? O am i just using it the wrong way?

Regards!

• 2.  Re: Service Catalog issues in Service Point

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2019 10:06 AM

sperna ..........

It might be best to open a Support case so that the Service Point behavior you are seeing can be validated.

Please provide the Support Case # for reference.

• 3.  Re: Service Catalog issues in Service Point

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2019 11:14 AM

sperna

Here are some comments on your questions:

- When a service catalog offering opens a ticket in service desk it doesnt show the Service Desk status, it just keep with the Service Catalog one. 

===>  Expected behavior,  we're showing Catalog's Request Status here and not SDM ticket's.

- If i click on the ticket number it takes me to the classic service desk instead of the xflow view

===>  This is Expected behavior too, because all we're doing is showing your Catalog Request via a widget. So, whatever experience you would see on the Catalog Request  is what you would get here via the click in Service Point, which is it launches SDM ticket detail window in Classic UI

- When i search for a category on the main page the offerings image and description is not showed

===>  This is expected behavior too. Unfortunately we only show the name of the offerings in the search results pane there and can't show the image + description.  This is plain text result there.   Once you click on one of the results there,  it does load the offering and show the description + image etc.,  from Catalog.

- Also when the service point search doesnt get results when i search using the words of a description from an offering 

===>  I'm not sure what's going on here yet.  Maybe the search result is out of sync...  what string did you use, was it an OOTB offering search?

Are these errors? O am i just using it the wrong way?

• 4.  Re: Service Catalog issues in Service Point

Posted May 06, 2019 03:32 PM

Thank you very much Raghu! 

===>  I'm not sure what's going on here yet.  Maybe the search result is out of sync...  what string did you use, was it an OOTB offering search?

It happens with service desk categories and service catalog offerings.

• 5.  Re: Service Catalog issues in Service Point

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2019 12:41 PM

Raghu.Rudraraju .........

Would reindexing the Search Server Data and then restarting xFlow help here?