Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Timesheets

Posted Aug 23, 2019 08:25 AM
    In 15.5.1, some users submit their timesheets and they are automatically returned.  Is there a reason this is happening?  I went in and looked and the timesheet was in a returned state.  With the user not changing anything on the timesheet I was able to submit the timesheet and it now shows as submitted.

Is this another known defect?  Is it something else?

Thanks,
    Linda

• 2.  RE: Timesheets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2019 11:14 AM
    Do you have any process associated with it? Not that i am aware where status of timesheet is changed

------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Timesheets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2019 11:16 AM
    As Suman said - it might be a process you're having that checks for say hours amount, or comparing against something. It's common for many customers to have an automatic check. Look for any Active process on Timesheets to see if that's the case

• 4.  RE: Timesheets

Posted Aug 23, 2019 11:44 AM
    Suman/Nika,

The first thing I did was look to see if there was a process.  There is nothing active in the processes.  I will say this didn't start until we upgraded to 15.5.1.  Not sure if this helps or not.

Thanks,
    Linda

• 5.  RE: Timesheets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2019 11:52 AM
    Very strange, did you check who submitted at the database. Do you know if anyone can do direct database update

Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Timesheets

Posted Aug 23, 2019 12:39 PM

The user submitted her timesheet and it was returned. Nobody can do a direct database update.

• 7.  RE: Timesheets
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2019 01:40 PM
    Hi Linda,

I am assuming you are on the modern UX for timesheets.  Make sure your users are not "self"- returning the timesheet by using the "Return" button on the timesheet screen:

The UI design is such that some users think this will bring to back to something they were working on previously (like "Return" buttons used to do on the Classic UI).  If this is happening only to certain users, intermediately, then this is probably the culprit.

Ming. 

• 8.  RE: Timesheets

Posted Aug 26, 2019 07:37 AM
    ​Ming,

Thank you.  This could very well be the problem.  It is only certain users. 

Thank you,
    Linda