Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Does service virtualization support HL7 protocol?

Posted May 02, 2017 11:35 AM

Hello,

Could I set up a virtual service that uses HL7 protocol messages using CA DevTest?  Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Does service virtualization support HL7 protocol?

Posted May 03, 2017 01:13 AM

HL7 (Health Level-7) is application layer, which is "layer 7" in the OSI model. And It is set of multiple international standards.it not clear what you trying to achieve with Service Virtualization (what services to virtualized).

Please elaborate more so that we can understand what Devtest can do for you.

On side note: If we have any services which need to virtualize or API need to bypass.  you may need to place those jar/library in Devtest hot deploy folder and try to work on SV. 

With Devtest we can always go for extending/ implementing new features using LISA SDK. 

Thanks,

Rajesh k Singh

• 3.  Re: Does service virtualization support HL7 protocol?

Posted May 03, 2017 10:28 AM

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply.  My understanding is we are looking to set up a CA Devtest recording of HL7 messages that is being sent from our ESB to a Database.  We are looking to create a virtual/mock service from the recording that will send mock Database responses within the HL7 format.  Hope this clarifies the question.  If you need more clarification, please let me know.  Thanks.

Ha Nguyen

• 4.  Re: Does service virtualization support HL7 protocol?

Posted May 03, 2017 11:28 AM

ok, so you trying to virtualized ESB layer ? i.e. Response coming back from database. If this is the case then question is that are you able to record transaction on live environment?  If answer is yes then we can do virtualization and changes in response as per your requirement but if not then what type of services i.e. data and Transport protocol use for them.

• 5.  Re: Does service virtualization support HL7 protocol?

Posted May 04, 2017 12:14 PM

Thanks for the reply, Rajesh.  So, if we set up DevTest to record HL7 messages on a live interface/connection, would DevTest be able to process the messages in order to create a virtual service from it?  Thanks.

• 6.  Re: Does service virtualization support HL7 protocol?
    Best Answer

Posted May 04, 2017 12:45 PM

That's right Ha Nguyen. Based on what we setup to records like service call, EJB call ect  Devtest will records those transect ions and will be available for reply however you may need to make changes as per your requirement in captured responses later.

Before doing above task, you would need to have plan what all you want to virtualized. once you have them then go for above process. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

Rajesh K Singh

• 7.  Re: Does service virtualization support HL7 protocol?

Posted May 05, 2017 06:51 AM

Did Rajesh's recommendations help you out with this issue?

Regards,

Reid