Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

• 1.  Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Dec 11, 2017 01:25 PM

We are excited to release today our new Quality Management page! Quality Management provides a new, modern experience for managing and organizing test cases and test folders in Agile Central. This page is available under the Quality Menu.

The foundation of the new Quality Management page, shown below, is based on two tables: one for test cases not assigned to a test folder and one for test folders and their descendants.

Figure 1: Modern tabular view of test cases and test folders

Each table provides basic functionality that our customers have come to expect: searching, filtering, sorting, column selection, bulk edit and delete, import, export, etc. But with this page, we have introduced new functionality such as:

• Drag-and-drop assignment of test cases to test folders — test cases from the Test Cases table may be dragged into a test folder in the Test Folders table to form that association.
    • Drag-and-drop re-parenting of test cases and test folders between test folders — test cases and lower-level test folders may be dragged into different test folders within the Test Folders table.
    • Bulk copying of test cases — in each table, test cases may be multi-selected and copied using the the copy icon in the upper right of each table. When a test case is copied, all of the fields and the test steps are included in the copy.
    • Easy unparenting of test cases from test folders — the  icon disassociates test cases from their current test folder.

Figure 2: Bulk copy of test cases

Quality Management also provides four different views through the view selector:

• Test Case View expands the test case table to full-screen width
    • Mixed View displays both tables side-by-side
    • Test Folder View expands the test folder table to full-screen width
    • Charts View provides a graphical representation of test case results by:
      • Testing method
      • Test type
      • Verdict
      • Test case owner

Figure 3: Choose Test Case, Mixed, Test Folder or charts view

Please see the Help article for more information at Quality Management | CA Agile Central Help

We are excited to release this new page and eager to hear your feedback.

• 2.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Dec 11, 2017 03:54 PM

This is a GREAT thing! Thanks for sharing!

Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page 

• 3.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Dec 14, 2017 09:28 AM

Like it!
    It exposes rather a lot of "Unparented" Test Cases from the bad old days.

I kinda knew they were lurking about and had tried and failed to do something about them in a quick and easy fashion.  Look forward to having another go now.

--Nev.

• 4.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Mar 26, 2018 11:24 AM

Thanks Nev! We appreciate your feedback, keep us posted on your experience with the "Unparented" Test Cases. Our goal was to help you organize those unparented items.

• 5.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Jan 25, 2018 09:50 AM

New page looks great.

And it has a much better performance than the old "Test Plan" one for working with test folders !

Love it 

• 6.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Jan 31, 2018 06:30 AM

I additionally asked for a couple of simple improvements on CA Agile Central Ideas :

• 7.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Mar 26, 2018 11:31 AM

Hi Agile Central Users! Thanks to your gracious feedback, we've decided to not deprecate Test Plan and Test Cases at this time. We will be examining the Quality Management workflow further in depth to better understand our customers needs. 

You will now find that the deprecation message below has been removed from the Product.

In the event that you have further questions or feedback regarding this update, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team via the feedback channel within the Agile Central application.

• 8.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Mar 29, 2018 01:52 PM

Good!  Before disabling an old page, I think it is important to make sure a new page has time in production to make sure it is as reliable and supports all the features of the old page.

• 9.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Jul 16, 2018 06:13 PM

New page is quite useful! The old Test Plan had the ability to Expand/Collapse all folders which was very helpful on multi-nested projects. Could this please be added to the new Test Folders?

• 10.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Jul 25, 2018 03:36 AM

Yes, we are also missing that feature, as well as the possibility to add test case results and defects directly from that page (which Test Plan allowed)

• 11.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Jul 25, 2018 05:29 AM

Hi @CarolCr, 
    I think small details keep being slipped into Quality Management...  (It can't be that I just didn't notice them till later, surely!)

When you have the Test Folder hierarchy expanded to show a Test Case, you can tick the box at the start of the row to select a Test Case, and (now?) get a set of action buttons at the top right of the screen.  These include one with a 'play' triangle icon, which will take you to the familiar Test Run screen.  This is exactly equivalent to what we can do in Test Plan.

(I always right-click it and 'Open in a New Tab' to avoid losing my place in the original Quality Management tab.)

• 12.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Jul 25, 2018 05:39 AM

Yes, @Chase.Fellhoelter!  Though a lot of our Projects are so massive I must concede Expand All could be a massive hit on the server, and on the browser rendering it...
    I'd also really like it if the Quality Management view would expand one more level to show the latest Test Case Result details for the Test Cases within the area clicked -- like the Test Cases tab within a User Story or a Defect does.
    If it could go one further and include the Notes as a column as well, that would be brilliant.

• 13.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Jul 25, 2018 07:11 AM

You could add the the Last verdict column, at least. But there's no way we've found to see the Notes of the last TC Results..

• 14.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Jul 16, 2018 06:34 PM

When dealing with a project with multiple sub-projects, it is neat to see all of the child test folders and results rolled up when looking at the parent's Test Folders. However, this would lead to multiples of the same named folder, say 'Regression', per sub-project. It would be great to have the parent project with a single Regression folder that can hold each child project's tests. This is currently not possible because a test case cannot be associated with a test folder of a parent project; only its own project. Could test cases please be allowed to be assigned to a test folder from a parent project?

• 15.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Jul 17, 2018 10:20 AM

Would it be possible to copy a test folder along with test cases and test steps. When i try the copy next to the TFID i can only copy the test folder but the underlying test cases are not copied to the newly created test folder.

• 16.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Jul 25, 2018 03:37 AM

That would certainly be really useful !

• 17.  Re: Product Announcement: New Quality Management Page

Posted Jul 26, 2018 04:02 AM

Yes, it will really help to be able to copy a hierarchy of test folders and test cases. Could you also add a feature to ask to confirm before the copy and the possibility to rename the parent instead of (copy) ?

Thanks very much