Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Import Role Def in IDM

Posted Jan 24, 2020 06:31 PM
    Hey guys!

I wonder if there's a recommendation of always having all role definitions updated.

We don't know if we should update all role definitions as soon as they are released.

Thank you very much!

• 2.  RE: Import Role Def in IDM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 27, 2020 09:00 AM
    If you mean for specific connectors, you only need to import the ones for the connectors you are using. If you previously imported one and there is an update available it will show as being not up to date and yes you should update it.

• 3.  RE: Import Role Def in IDM

Posted Jan 27, 2020 11:16 AM
    Edited by Joao Rodrigues Jan 27, 2020 11:30 AM
    Kenneth, thank you very much for the quickie reply!

If you don't mind, can I make 2 more questions?

1 - When a version of a  role def for a specific connector is released, is it possible to know what's new in this version before the import?
    (In this image we are jumping to version 14.3 v1.18 for the AD connector, is it possible to know what's new here?)
    AD Image

2 - Understood what you said about the import for connectors... But how about the import when we are talking about jumping from version 14.0 to 14.3 and those Organization / NoOrganization files, do we have to always stay upgraded?

Upgrade by category

Best regards!!!

• 4.  RE: Import Role Def in IDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 27, 2020 01:03 PM
    Regarding changes to a connector, you would need to review the release notes to see if it mentions what defects were fixed or what enhancements were made in a release. 

Regarding the role defs related to upgrades, only some of them may be applicable and that depends on if you underwent an upgrade and what type of configuration you have (i.e. with or without Provisioning, with or without Organizations).