DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  In Webview, how can I set a default dashboard to display on the Console screen upon login?

Posted Apr 02, 2015 01:04 PM

We have a CDV that our execs use due to their location.  We have WebView set to automatically login using a common account.  We made some recent changes and for some reason, it now goes to the Console screen by default upon login but with no dashboard selected.  As far as I can tell, the only place to set a default dashboard is within the IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties file and there we have the dashboard option set... but that's just for Workstation not Webview.  I didn't see anything related to a default dashboard option in IntroscopeWebView.properties.  Did I miss something or is there even a way to do this?

I should also add that the dashboard has a leading asterisk in its name in order to place it at the top of the list.  Would this be contributing to any of the problems?  Does it need to be escaped in the properties file or anything?

Thanks for your help CA Community.

• 2.  Re: In Webview, how can I set a default dashboard to display on the Console screen upon login?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 06, 2015 10:56 AM

Hey swsouth,

Since WebView is a browser based application, you can use the direct URL such as:

http://<EM>:8080/#console;db=Home;dn=SuperDomain;mm=Production+Home;tr=0

If you want to make this a bit easier to change, then check with your network to see if they have an Apache instance or hardware solution for redirecting a simple URL like http://APM.mycompany.com to direct them to the direct webview console URL.

The IntorsocpeEnterpriseManager.properties is for the workstation and not webview.  Looking through the Introscope_WebView script does not appear that you can feed in a default console and didn't find any entries in the Introscope_WebView.lax file.

Hope this helps,

Billy

• 3.  Re: In Webview, how can I set a default dashboard to display on the Console screen upon login?

Posted Apr 06, 2015 10:59 AM

Oh yea.forgot to add this.  The console will pick up the first alpha ordered dashboard.  In our case, I've added a "_Console Default" dashboard with instructions on how to bookmark a dashboard using the browser add favorites feature.

• 4.  Re: In Webview, how can I set a default dashboard to display on the Console screen upon login?

Posted Apr 06, 2015 11:59 AM

Excellent!  Thank you very much for the reply Billy.  I will communicate this info out to our users.  Really appreciate the help.

Best,

swsouth