Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to update the financial transactions in order to update the resource class recorded in "old" transaction?

Posted Nov 15, 2019 07:31 PM
    Hi,

Is there a way to update the financial transactions in order to update the resource class recorded in "old" transaction?

Here the context:
    I have done some changes at the resource level in order to be inline with the new organisation : mainly new resource class
    Some timesheets were already post and financially proceeded before I have made all change on some projects.
    The side effect is that in the cost plan of  many projects, I see 2 times the resource with different resource class (the previous one and the new one)
    I would like to have a single line per ressource but that mean I need to apply the new resource class for old financial transactions

------------------------------
    Patrick

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to update the financial transactions in order to update the resource class recorded in "old" transaction?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2019 11:18 AM
    This is a tricky situation to correct because the current design does not provide a method to directly update the field in WIP Adjustments.
    The only way to do it properly (for which you might want to test on a non-prod environment first) is to do the following:
    • Keeping the OLD Resource Class - Create Timesheet Adjustments to ZERO the existing transactions
      • Process the adjustment all the way through to financials. 
      • This will create an offset record to negate the first posting.
    • Then, update the Resource Class on the resource's properties
      • Create a Timesheet ADJUSTMENT and ADD a NEW row for the assignment and post thru to financials
      • This will create the new row with the new resource class in WIP 

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to update the financial transactions in order to update the resource class recorded in "old" transaction?

Posted Nov 17, 2019 04:24 AM
    Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for the tips !
    This is a good approach for fixing few timesheets : new resource class are taken in  account.
    Based on your approach, I tried to create WIP adjustment (i.e. transfer on the same invest, resource and task + calculate new)  then approve WIP adjustment and you obtain the same result. I believe this approach is more convenient when you have to many timesheet to fix. 

Bit still have one issue : i have also changed the rôle of the resource in order to be in aligned with the resource class and new rôle is not taken in account whatever the approach.
    I took care to change the rôle at the resource level, project level and task level.
    Do you have any idea on how to update the financial transactions in order to update the role of the resource recorded in "old" transaction?

Patrick

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to update the financial transactions in order to update the resource class recorded in "old" transaction?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2019 03:25 PM
    The role can be changed directly on a,WIP adjustments 

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to update the financial transactions in order to update the resource class recorded in "old" transaction?

Posted Nov 19, 2019 07:38 AM
    I didn't succeed last time but doing your first idea it works well.
    Thank you Kathryn !

Patrick

• 6.  RE: Is there a way to update the financial transactions in order to update the resource class recorded in "old" transaction?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2019 07:47 AM

Hi Patrick,

You may have to return Timesheet, change resource class and Post Timesheet again. may be long process but that seems to be the route to take.

Regards

Vincent

• 7.  RE: Is there a way to update the financial transactions in order to update the resource class recorded in "old" transaction?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2019 09:01 AM
    I just tested doing a wip adjustment after I changed the resource class and that worked.  You could  do WIP Adjustment and do a WIP Transfer and transfer back to the same tasks which would still take time if you have a lot, but you would not have to do one at a time.

You would need to filter by resource/project/task in order to transfer them to the same tasks.

• 8.  RE: Is there a way to update the financial transactions in order to update the resource class recorded in "old" transaction?

Posted Nov 20, 2019 09:11 AM
    Hi Liz,
    This is exactly what I have done for most of the resources.
    For some reasons I have finally understood now, it was not working time to time.
    It's definitely the best solution for such situation.

Patrick

• 9.  RE: Is there a way to update the financial transactions in order to update the resource class recorded in "old" transaction?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2019 09:24 AM
    Hi Patrick,

Glad to hear we were on the same page.  Sorry I was a little late responding.

--

Liz Williamson