CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  USS not creating new users

Posted Jan 11, 2018 10:31 AM

We have uss 14.1 configured with EEM authentication and now when a new user tries to login to uss, the user receives an error and it not be created in uss users.

If I create this user manually in USS, after creation the user can sucessfully login using its user credentials of EEM, that is integrated to an AD.

• 2.  Re: USS not creating new users

Posted Jan 11, 2018 12:03 PM

Hello Paulo,

you could check under Password Policies link in the Control Panel if you have active and how is configure "Default Password Policy"

Regards,

• 3.  Re: USS not creating new users

Posted Jan 11, 2018 12:28 PM

Password policy is not related, as it only determines policies to restrict the password users chooses. But since this scenario is integrated with EEM and then AD, this has no use here.

• 4.  Re: USS not creating new users
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 11, 2018 12:32 PM

You are right, it was related to a option in password policy.

I reverted it back and now it is creating users automatically again

It the "Alteravel" option that I removed.

• 5.  Re: USS not creating new users

Posted Jan 11, 2018 12:38 PM

This is weird, that option refers to the ability of the users to change their own password. I have it enable in all of my enviroments with EEM and AD and users do auto create. I think that when you changed that it refreshed the portal-ext.properties file with all the config and that's the reason it started working once again.

You should try to enable it again and see if it stops working again just to be sure.

It's would be too weird that option would cause that behavior.

• 6.  Re: USS not creating new users

Posted Jan 11, 2018 12:48 PM

It stop working when I disabled it.

When I re-enabled it back to work

• 7.  Re: USS not creating new users

Posted Jan 11, 2018 01:24 PM

OMG, that is so weird, never have seen that behavior before. Will keep note of that. But that has to be a bug, because that option is nowhere related to auto create users. And that policy shouldn't even be applied as you have EEM.

Anyway, I'm glad it worked, sorry for that extra test. Just surprised about this issue.

• 8.  Re: USS not creating new users

Posted Jan 11, 2018 12:26 PM

I've been checking it and if it's configured with EEM and EEM with AD then the users should be auto created. I have it working like that in several customers and my labs. I couldn't find an option to disable it.

You can try to disable the EEM integration and re enabling it to see if it fixes this behavior. Otherwise I would suggest to open a case with CA.