Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Error with CSV import: Message 10010: Unrecognized CSV header

Posted May 19, 2017 01:22 PM

I'm attempting to use the CSV import for the first time.

I have downloaded the sample file, entered the required information, and saved the file.

I chose the saved CSV file and selected "Import Devices"

I keep get a message "Importing file ... 100% completed"

But then get "CSV Row 0" "Import Errors" "Message 10010: Unrecognized CSV header"

Regardless of normal troubleshooting ... downloading a new sample CSV, ensuring that required data is added without obvious errors, saving the file is correctly done, etc ... changes the result.

CSV Import Error - Message 10010: Unrecognized CSV header

What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  Re: Error with CSV import: Message 10010: Unrecognized CSV header

Posted May 19, 2017 03:49 PM

I can't tell you that you are doing anything wrong from your description.  On what version of PAM did you do the export?  On what version did you do the import? 

• 3.  Re: Error with CSV import: Message 10010: Unrecognized CSV header

Posted May 19, 2017 03:53 PM

One more thing.  Was there any after "Unrecognized CSV Header"?  I found another ticket that had a similar problem, and it pointed to a particular column.

• 4.  Re: Error with CSV import: Message 10010: Unrecognized CSV header

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2017 03:57 PM

Make sure you save your CSV file as plain CSV... if you let Excel save it the way it wants to, it will become a Microsoft CSN or a Office CSV... this will alter the headers and make the file incompatible with PAM....

To troubleshoot this, or to make it easy, download the sample csv file from PAM or export your devices, then alter that file and save it in its original format, ignore the warning that says "may become incompatible"... you should be fine...

-Shawn C

• 5.  Re: Error with CSV import: Message 10010: Unrecognized CSV header
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2017 04:04 PM

There are couple of reasons this could happen:

1 - Are you sure that the CSV file you downloaded is the correct one for the data you are uploading? Policies, Devices, Users, etc., all have different sample CSV files with different fields within them.

2 - Be sure that you did not modify the 1st row of the sample CSV file in any way.   These are the headers for the subsequent columns of data that will be imported.

3 - If you downloaded a sample CSV file from one version of PAM and are trying to use it with another version, this error could occur.

4 - I've seen the error also appear if you are on a Mac and try to save the csv as an OS X formatted CSV file. Follow @crosh01's advice and use the option in the save as dialogue file type drop down menu and select Windows formatted CSV. 

--Shawn

• 6.  Re: Error with CSV import: Message 10010: Unrecognized CSV header

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 09:44 AM

I tried to simulate your problem and there is no way I can do it: if specifying wrong chars in the header fields it just tells me what field is it not expecting.

Can you do a simple test ? Just use one file with the row and the first device, and make sure that you have opened it previously with notepad, notepad++ or whatever editor or choice, but making sure no special characters are saved

Please share the file for testing.

By the way, what version is this appliance ?