Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Does anyone have an example of barcode printing with DDS user sources?

Posted Oct 22, 2015 09:19 AM

I am investigating if it is possible to print a barcode (CODE3OF9) on a report. I think that it is possible to create a DDS user source, something like:

A            ZBUVT3        12A       50BARCODE(CODE3OF9 2 (*WIDTH .007) +

(*RATIO 2) *HRZ *HRI)

But when I attach the user source to the field before, I cannot generate the function (type PRTFIL) but I see no errors in the source when

I search with 'E*'.

And I am also not shure how I can pass the value to the field ZBUVT3, it should be a person number.

Does anybody has an idea?

Thanks, Ueli

• 2.  Re: Does anyone have an example of barcode printing with DDS user sources?

Posted Oct 22, 2015 10:49 AM

Following link may help from previous developers experiences on the topic of 'barcode' I only mention it as you might not be aware of the previous forum. I personally can offer no personal help on the topic

Edge Forum Archive - [Edge] Advantage 2E Tips & Techniques - Producing Bar Code from Synon print file

Edge Forum Archive - Search Results

https://communities.ca.com/message/2266592#2266592

• 3.  Re: Does anyone have an example of barcode printing with DDS user sources?

Posted Oct 23, 2015 06:49 AM

Thank you very much for your information. I will look at it.

• 4.  Re: Does anyone have an example of barcode printing with DDS user sources?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 23, 2015 08:43 AM

It has been quite awhile but I did exactly what you are trying to do.  Check the compiler listing for the errors.  I had to use a compiler override on the DDS to change the Printer Device Type to *IPDS.  Otherwise I attached user source to the field just as you did to add the BARCODE keyword.  In the action diagram I have a *MOVE statement to get the value into the barcode field.  . 

• 5.  Re: Does anyone have an example of barcode printing with DDS user sources?

Posted Oct 26, 2015 05:54 AM

Thank you. It is important to apply a compiler override as you discribed it in your answer. You can specify *IPDS or *AFPDS as printer device type.

• 6.  Re: Does anyone have an example of barcode printing with DDS user sources?

Community Manager
    Posted Oct 26, 2015 02:08 PM

Ulrich, did the help you've gotten so far help you solve your problem?

• 7.  Re: Does anyone have an example of barcode printing with DDS user sources?

Posted Oct 27, 2015 03:04 AM

Yes, meanwhile I have created an example (test function) which I can give to the customer. My main problem was that I did not apply a compiler override on the printer device type keyword.