Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Help us design the future of Automic Dashboards!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2019 07:26 AM
    Your feedback in this survey on dashboards and analytics will impact how the Automic Dashboard will look like in the future. 

We would like to learn about how you work with dashboards, what you are currently missing and understand all the small and big frustrations that you deal with on a daily basis. This information will help us adapt our product to your needs in the best possible way. 
    The survey will take 10 - 15 minutes now, but it can save you much more time later when you work with our improved product!

Please consider forwarding this survey also to colleagues who work with dashboards: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K5T5JNP

Many thanks in advance,
    Manuela Posch & Johanna Schober for the Automic User Experience team

• 2.  RE: Help us design the future of Automic Dashboards!

Posted Jun 28, 2019 05:28 PM
    Thank you for reaching out to the community for input Johanna!

------------------------------
    Chris Hackett
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: Help us design the future of Automic Dashboards!

Posted Oct 18, 2019 02:37 AM
    Hi Johanna, Hi Manuela,

I'd like to add some possible use cases the customers aksed for in the Dashboard. Let me give some that may help Operators. That could be in a Dashboard, but also in the operating perspective.  

1) I would Need to check if this is already possible. But one good Thing would be to have a Dashboard, that enables you to monitor multiple Clients at once. E.g. have multiple Monitoring Windows and be able to dig into one of those if there is an issue. E.g. for Service Providers that Need to monitor Batch of multiple Clients, or customers who use Clients to seperate Environments. That should be possible without having Access to Client 0, and you Need to have easy view which Client are you Looking at.  

2) If this is the first Thing seen, Maybe something like an Inbox, that Shows you the current Aborts, agents that went offline or Server processes that changed Status,  that Need follow up (Maybe linked to a ticket tool or so).

3) Favorites and catalog in a nice view (Maybe with the possiblity to see the workflow monitor and Progress of workflow once started)

Here some ideas for Widgets:

- Filetransfer ticker (observe file movement within the last 24h, ability to search for a specific file Name, etc)
    -SLA and Milestone Viewer, if not already possible :)

Best Regards,
    Roman 

• 4.  RE: Help us design the future of Automic Dashboards!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2019 08:57 AM
    Hi Roman,

thank you very much for your comment!
    1) It´s currently not possible to monitor data of multiple Clients from within 1 Client but we can understand the need for that and will pass it on! 
    2) It´s not planned to move functionalities into the AWI that monitors Automic itself. 
    3) Favorites and catalogs can be used together with the Process Monitoring Widget in one Dashboard. This would combine the functionalities you are searching for.

Feedback like this always highly appreciated! 

Best,
    Manuela

• 5.  RE: Help us design the future of Automic Dashboards!

Posted Oct 21, 2019 02:51 AM
    Hi @Manuela Posch,
    hi @Johanna Schober,

I would like to add some information for Romans idea regarding a filetransfer ticker widget:

A dashboard widget would be a possibility but I would like to see  a view like Process Monitoring with informations regarding filetransfers. Managed File Transfer is one of the main capabilities of Automic Automation but this is not reflected in the product. A separate view could change this.

Source Agent Source File Path Destination Agent Destination File Path Status Task Name RunID
    UNIX123 /data/example.txt WIN123 C:\Data\example.txt ENDED_OK JOBF.EXAMPLE 1234567
    UNIX123 /data/example2.txt WIN123 C:\Data\example2.txt ENDED_OK JOBF.EXAMPLE 1234567
    UNIX123 /root/secret.txt WIN123 C:\Data\secret.txt ENDED_NOT_OK JOBF.DARK 1234987
     ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...

It should be possible to sort and filter all columns.

I believe that this is not only a change in the frontend, but also additions in the backend (new table(s),...) are necessary.

Just ask @David Ainsworth for "i-Activity Monitor" :-)​​​

Best regards,
    Tim

Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.

• 6.  RE: Help us design the future of Automic Dashboards!
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2019 05:04 AM

Hi @Tim Quakulinsky @Roman Embacher,

in case we find out that this issue has high priority and will be done, we of course need to think about where and how this should be implemented. 

Is it okay for you if we contact you in future for further feedback sessions or Usability tests regarding this topic?

Best,
    Manuela 

• 7.  RE: Help us design the future of Automic Dashboards!

Posted Oct 21, 2019 06:07 AM
    Yes, of course. You can contact me for feedback sessions or usability tests regarding every Automic based topic.

Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.

• 8.  RE: Help us design the future of Automic Dashboards!

Posted Oct 21, 2019 09:11 AM
    Edited by Diane Craddock Oct 25, 2019 09:01 AM
    Whether I am ordering a car from Lyft or posting a photo on Instagram, I expect the user interface to anticipate my needs and make my experience simple and efficient myprepaidcenter card. Yet, car dashboards seem drastically behind the times in terms of UI.