DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  DX IM - snmpcollector and snmpget probes

Posted Oct 25, 2021 05:00 AM
    Hi all,

I have one question regarding the items collected by snmpcollector or snmpget probes.
    If I configure those probes to collect text values like hostnames, location, descriptions etc. can I somehow map those values to devices (under device details)?
    How can I create graphs that will be shown on device model metric tab for numeric items like interface utilization, speed etc.?  

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: DX IM - snmpcollector and snmpget probes

Posted Oct 25, 2021 03:17 PM
    Initially the recommendation is to use the Discovery Wizard to discover the device and it will add in as much of that type of info it can get. 

This details how to customize the metrics displayed at Metrics Monitoring.

• 3.  RE: DX IM - snmpcollector and snmpget probes

Posted Oct 27, 2021 08:17 AM
    Edited by Ivan Gasparec Oct 27, 2021 08:17 AM
    David, 

I know that recommended way is to discover device and I put bad example which informations I want to see in IM. 
    Some devices like MPLS core routers have some metrics and informations that can be collected by SNMP (and won't be discovered and collected with auto discovery) and I want to show those metrics and text informations somewhere in IM. It is not immportant if those informations will be shown under Device Details or under some tab or somewhere else. 
    I see that under Device Metrics I can't choose metrics collected by snmpget probe for choosen device.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: DX IM - snmpcollector and snmpget probes

Posted Oct 27, 2021 03:26 PM
    Guessing the usage of IM is general and not specific to IM console. 
    For metrics go to OC > Inventory > the device > Metrics > create a view with the desired metrics and check the box for 'Default View'. 

For the text items, I don't know of a way to display that.

• 5.  RE: DX IM - snmpcollector and snmpget probes

Posted Oct 28, 2021 06:57 AM
    Well one part of the problem is that under OC > Inventory > the device > Metrics > create a view snmpget probe is not listed and I can't choose to create graphs for device metric collected by snmpget probe. 

Best Regards,
    Ivan

• 6.  RE: DX IM - snmpcollector and snmpget probes

Posted Oct 28, 2021 08:32 AM
    The metric viewer shows qos by metric family and not probe. snmpget uses one generic qos name QOS_SNMP_VARIABLE for all custom monitors. This has not been setup in my lab so can't say what name it will use in the metric viewer. 

• 7.  RE: DX IM - snmpcollector and snmpget probes

Posted Oct 28, 2021 09:23 AM
    Thanks David, I have already created QoS but I didn't restart the probe.
    After restart and some time I got the graph for my metric.