Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Hackathon - Got Personal Agile?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 23, 2018 08:28 AM

Hi Community and CA Agile Central Subscription Admins! For an upcoming CA Hackathon in a couple weeks, I'm looking at building a custom app for individuals to approach work and life using agile practices.

• Do you sprint through life, doing the smallest increments of value?
    • Do you manage your life's WIP?
    • Do you estimate your personal todos before jumping in?
    • Do you run retrospectives on your life?

If so, I'd love to hear about your process and how Agile Central could support it! And if you've always wanted to apply agile practices to your personal life, I'd love to chat too! You can reply below with details, or I can set up a call to talk through some ideas.

Have a great day!

P.S. Here's some Hackathon apps I've written

• 2.  Re: Hackathon - Got Personal Agile?

Posted Feb 23, 2018 11:33 AM

I definitely tried using Scrum for managing my household with limited success.  My wife keeps ignoring the sticky notes I assign her.  

• 3.  Re: Hackathon - Got Personal Agile?

Posted Feb 23, 2018 04:18 PM

Yeah in my daily standups, my 5 year-old never really had anything that he was working on or planned to work on. And then he never did anything throughout each iteration!

Like come on, kid. How am I supposed to determine our velocity if you just do nothing? I guess that means it's 0.

I've actually tried to use Agile methods in handling my home remodeling projects and even my hobby which does entail a LOT of complex work with a lot of steps. The problem is that I could never stick to any schedule as life happens and I absolutely had to shift away from the plan ... and forgot to come back and update, stay on top of scheduling stories, assigning work, etc etc etc etc etc.