Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jaspersoft Reports not showing up

Posted Jan 05, 2016 03:52 PM

Nothing happens when I click on report in the list. When I debugged the network interactions I see below error.

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://HOSTNAME/reportservice/flow.html?_flowId=searchFlow&mode=library' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://HOSTNAME/reportservice/flow.html?_flowId=homeFlow'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

PS: (we have external ssl based load balancer)

Can someone help understand what is happening here?

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Reports not showing up

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2016 01:14 PM

Hi Suhas,

We need some more information to figure out what may be going on.

Could you please confirm your exact Clarity version? Is the sslType in your properties.xml set to external? If not, what is the exact setting. Are both HTTP and HTTPS enabled in CSA - Application page for app?
    Do you also have SSO enabled?

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft Reports not showing up

Posted Jan 06, 2016 06:12 PM

sslType="external"

Setting in CSA is

SSL is used but processed externally

SSO is not enabled

Regards,

Suhas

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft Reports not showing up

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2016 10:32 AM

Hi Suhas,

It looks like you are running into a known Clarity defect: CLRT-79397 "SSL is uses but processed externally" setting in the NSA breaks the ability to run a report in Advanced Reporting
    This issue is targeted for fix in Armstrong and may be workarounded by modifying the environment's configuration.

Please could you try setting up your HTTP Entry URL to point to your load balancer URL? Then restart the services and see if this helps. 

If you still have an issue please post how your <webServerInstance id="app" line looks like in properties.xml. You may replace your servername with a dummy text but leave the ports and other information.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft Reports not showing up

Posted Jan 07, 2016 12:13 PM

It’s behaved weird today, the only change since last test was that I scheduled the both Load jobs and create and update jasper users job and we don’t see the issue anymore.

Though it is good news for us, I am not getting how could that be?

The app URL had always been pointing to load balancer.

Regards,

Suhas

• 6.  Re: Jaspersoft Reports not showing up

Posted Jan 07, 2016 12:32 PM

Hi Suhas,

Can you check the properties.xml for the sslEntryUrl or EntryUrl has the correct URL, Advances reporting uses url from sslEntryUrl or EntryUrl while its invoked.

Regards

Balaji

• 7.  Re: Jaspersoft Reports not showing up

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2016 06:08 PM

Hi Suhas,

Good news that it's now working fine.

I don't know why it would suddenly fix itself, the defect is when the entry URL is not set properly. The jobs should not have had any impact on how it connects.

My only thought would be that you may have changed the parameters in the properties.xml file or on the load balancer earlier, and then on the next day restart was performed, and those parameters were taken into consideration.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies

• 8.  Re: Jaspersoft Reports not showing up

Posted Jan 07, 2016 06:15 PM

Thanks for the pointers. I will keep testing.

Regards,

Suhas