Clarity

View Only

Chat Transcript - CA PPM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (December 2016)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA PPM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (December 2016)

Posted Dec 12, 2016 01:13 PM

Miss the December PPM Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in January for the next session!

from Art Vendryes to Everyone: good afternoon/morning
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Hi Folks - Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening! We'll be starting a few minutes past the hour.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Hi Everyone - We'll be starting a few minutes past the hour.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: OK we're ready for questions!
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Please take a few moments and give us your feedback: Your CA PPM Feedback for 2016 is crucial! https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-ppm/blog/2016/11/04/your-ca-ppm-feedback-is-crucial
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: Is it possible to move the end date of a fiscal year into the future if there are cost plans on investments?
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Art - can you give an example how much in future you want to move it? Do you want the year to go beyond a calendar year?
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: let me rephrase a cost plan that is identified as plan of record
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: since we cannot delete plan of record
    from Viral Shah to Everyone: For the Idea to Project Functionality, do we have any limitation of which attri needs to be configured on CREATE page(on Project) if value needs to populate automatically from idea->Project(providing similar ids both side)
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Art - Let me see if I understood well. So you actually want to remove a cost plan, which is a plan of record? You won't be able to modify the fiscal periods in use.
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: we currently have a fy of 1/1/16 - 12/31/16....I have been asked to modify to 1/1/16 - 3/31/17 as we are going to new fiscal year set up
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: If I can do that without deleting cost plans, then that would be fine
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Viral: we will follow up through the support issue you have raised with the more detailed versions of these questions
    from Viral Shah to Everyone: Sure np..Thanks
    from Brian Lang to Everyone: I have one on advance reporting. It seems that I have to give PM Admin right to get access to the out of the box reporting. I do not see where I can change thier folder access.
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Art here is a TEC doc that explains this, as it's is not currently possible unless the period was deactivated first:
    http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec550794.html
    To deactivate it will require to check and remove financial plans and other data as per above.
    I think at this point maybe you'll want to just create additional periods for Jan-2017 till Mar-2017 and start the new fiscal years from Mar 2017. Will this work for you?

from Brian Lang to Everyone: If I give a PM Advance Reporting - Administer then they can see the canned reports, but if I only give them Advance Report - Report Create, then they only see the reports that have been created, not out of the box reporting. Do I need to copy those to a different folder for everyone to be able to use them or is there a different right that I need to give them.
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: @Nika I will need to check with management to see if that is acceptable
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Brian - for the users to be able to see and run the OOTB Reports, the additional CSK roles should be granted via Jaspersoft - Advanced Reporting. There is no Clarity PPM right that will provide this functionality and we do not recommend to give Administer right to all Advanced Reporting users.
    For more information check https://communities.ca.com/message/241874851?commentID=241874851#comment-241874851
    and http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/product-content/recommended-reading/product-related-technical-information/ca-ppm-advanced-reporting-and-database-schema-index.html?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=1%3Fintcmp%3Dsearchresultclick&resultnum=1
    Scroll down until you see:
    CA PPM 14.3 ------ Advanced Reporting Product Guide
    Chapter 10: The 'Advanced Reporting Roles'

from Brian Lang to Everyone: ok thanks.
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: No worries
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Ready for more questions!
    from Venita to Everyone: We have just started testing Advanced Reporting. (v 14.3) When I create ad hoc views, even if I save them under my logon id, they can be seen by any user. Is this by design or is there security we can use?
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Venita - where exactly do you save the Ad Hoc Views? You may try adding them to your own folder and set JS permissions in a way that nobody else gets access if that's what you want.
    from Venita to Everyone: I save them under my Clarity logon id. But is everyone supposed to see all views?
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Venita - it depends what the configuration of their permissions is. Do you know if most of the users have all the Advanced Reporting rights in Clarity?
    from Venita to Everyone: @nika - yes they do.
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Venita - in that case you may want to either give them less rights (remove the Administer) or set up your own Clarity logon folder to restrict all the other users out.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: OK Everyone - We're wrapping up for today. Please join us back here in January 2017. Thank you for participating and Happy Holidays!
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: thank you