Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  GMU issue in migrating encapsulated assertion arguments

Posted Jun 25, 2019 07:45 PM
    Edited by SHARATH YERAMALLA Jun 25, 2019 07:45 PM
    Hi There,
    I've encapsulated assertion(policy) wanted to migrate-in only arguments(outputs/inputs) and ignore everything.
    For instance,I want to update the below email(new) in higher environments. The existing contain the first 3 outputs. .Pls advice.

FYI--Used the below command to migraout :
    GMU.bat migrateOut --argFile C:\GMU\Properties\lab.properties --dest C:\GMU\test\loginPolicy.xml --policy e2663922c979c1ddsafs2q34dafbdccff --encassAsPolicyDependency

• 2.  RE: GMU issue in migrating encapsulated assertion arguments

Posted Jun 26, 2019 08:04 AM
    Hi Sharath,

If I understand correctly, you have the first 3 arguments in the higher environments and want to add the email correct? You should be able to simply export the Encapsulated and import it directly into the next env (overwriting the existing encapsulated). We use RESTMan for import/export task, and this works perfectly (beware, the IDs of the assertions and encapsulated must match, otherwise you will run into problems).

• 3.  RE: GMU issue in migrating encapsulated assertion arguments
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2019 01:14 AM
    Ho Sharath.
    I don't know,  if this is related. But I once recognized,that especially with encapsulated assertions, that I needed to restart policy manager after a gmu import, to see the updated data and all its aspects.
    Regards
    ....Michael

------------------------------
    Principal Services Consultant
    HCL Enterprise Studio
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: GMU issue in migrating encapsulated assertion arguments

Posted Jun 27, 2019 07:28 AM
    I did notice it.