Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  SQL JOBS fails with error FAULT_OTHER - Start impossible. Other error.

Posted May 28, 2020 01:54 AM
    Hi community,
    I have installed AWA12.3 in my Test environment, I have created SQL job using Connection Object. When do test connection in object level it got successfully connected to database. And provided Execution Setting as shown below Image1. When I execute SQL job getting status as "FAULT_OTHER - Start impossible other error.

Please suggest!

------------------------------
    Thanks!
    Eshwar

• 2.  RE: SQL JOBS fails with error FAULT_OTHER - Start impossible. Other error.

Posted May 28, 2020 04:14 AM
    Hi.

There​'s a "details" button in the executions window, top right. It opens a display pane, that should give you more details on FAULT_OTHER - Start Impossible".

Hth

• 3.  RE: SQL JOBS fails with error FAULT_OTHER - Start impossible. Other error.

Posted May 29, 2020 12:47 AM
    Thanks Carsten for your reply, In Details section it shows "The usage of db service agents is limited to the resolution of dynamic variables". After installed Agent for Databse jobs and Events, SQL Agent hasn't started in the Agents list. When I am trying to start the Agent manually error pop will be displayed as "Service Manager call not executed for ' ': host not linked to Service Manager or lookup already done".

I did not install Service Manager so far. Do I need to install and linked to Service Manager or without Service Manager also Could I run the SQL JOB?

Please suggest!

Thanks!
    Eshwar