IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CA PAM 4.3 SP1 to CA PAM 04.3.04 Migration

Posted Sep 16, 2019 03:30 PM
    Hi all, I am new in this community and the CA Service Manager solutions with CA Process Automation.

I am from México and my english is not good.

There is an old implementation with different integrations such as the following:

CA SDM 14.1
    CA Service Catalog 14.1
    CA PAM 4.3 SP1
    CA EEM 12.51

Currently a new environment has been installed in order to migrate the information from the previous environment:

CA SDM 17.2
    CA Service Catalog17.2
    CA PAM 4.3.4
    CA EEM 12.60

Is it possible to migrate the information to version 4.3.4 in the case of CA PAM SP1?

If possible, what is the procedure to migrate processes to the new environment?

I would appreciate your help.

• 2.  RE: CA PAM 4.3 SP1 to CA PAM 04.3.04 Migration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2019 02:38 AM
    Hello Jose,

You should go to the techdocs.broadcom.com documentation site for each of the products that you're planning to migrate ***to*** and look at the migration paths - and the supported environments - listed out there.  Then you'll be able to work out the order that you prefer/need to do this in. 

The Service Management 17.2 documentation for example is here, and includes Service Desk Manager 17.2 and Service Catalog 17.2:

CA SERVICE MANAGEMENT - 17.2 - Upgrading

The other products such as PAM and EEM will have their own upgrade pages to check. But you'll also need to check out the "Integration" pages such as this one for SDM:

Integrating Service Management

The Process Automation Upgrade page is here.

The EEM upgrade page is here.

You should also check out the SDM "Swing Box" methdology here.

As always, the keys to a successful upgrade are:

* Check out the documentation (as above) for pre-reqs, minimum requirements and upgrade paths.
    * Build a run sheet from a successful test environment upgrade.
    * Use virtual machines where possible for quick attempts and restores.
    * Always have backups of the full environment before starting.
    * Break down into modules if possible. Don't go with a "big bang" approach if you can just upgrade one module at a time, let it sit in the environment for a bit, and then do the next.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  RE: CA PAM 4.3 SP1 to CA PAM 04.3.04 Migration

Posted Sep 23, 2019 10:11 PM
    I have tried to follow the mentioned steps for each product and the environment is already installed and integrated, but at the time of exporting a process to my test environment it does not run correctly. I am thinking that I have not successfully integrated CA SD 17.2 with CA PAM 4.3.4.

The error is:

java.security.PrivilegedActionException: com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Message send failed

I already added the following parameters in CA SDM:

I already installed the SDM connector on the PAM server.

How can I validate the integration of CA PAM with CA SDM?

Regards

• 4.  RE: CA PAM 4.3 SP1 to CA PAM 04.3.04 Migration
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2019 04:16 AM
    Hi Jose Manuel,

Message send failed means no comunication between SDM and PAM.

From pam server tru to access to service desk web services url.

Regards,
    Carlos