IT Process Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Uninstall Service Desk Connector

• 1.  Uninstall Service Desk Connector

Posted Mar 05, 2020 04:43 AM
    Hi all,

We've made some changes in our PAM. At this poins none of the objects from Service Desk connector works and doesn't returns any content on SOAP Body. I've already re-installed the connector but it still doesn't work.
    I think that if I uninstall and install back the connector can correct the problem.
    What I can't do is uninstall the connector. Does anyone know how to uninstall the connector? Or if this is a know issue, how to correct it :).

Regards,
    Sérgio Castro

• 2.  RE: Uninstall Service Desk Connector

Posted Mar 19, 2020 08:53 AM
    Sérgio,

Were you able to resolve this?  I had 2 cases last year on this and Broadcom support said the SDM Operators were customizations and not supported. They said any SDM operators should be re-written using the standard Invoke SOAP Operator.

J.W.

------------------------------
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED

• 3.  RE: Uninstall Service Desk Connector

Posted Mar 23, 2020 04:24 AM
    Good Morning @J W, no, I'm still waiting for some feedback.
    Theres a documment for unistalling connectores but it doesn't work for SDM/CMDB Connector, I don't know if it's because is an out of the box connetor.

Regards,
    Sérgio Castro​

• 4.  RE: Uninstall Service Desk Connector

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2020 10:41 AM
    Sergio -
    there are 2 different sets of 'service desk' operators.

1. The SDM connector that is installed from the Connector ISO downloaded separately.  This will appear in the Operations Tab under the Connectors Tab as CA ServiceDesk:

2. The CMDB connectors which are imported directly from Catalog when it connects into Process Automation for the first time.  I do not have the Catalog connector installed anywhere, but if I remember correctly there is no Connector shown on the Connectors tab for those operators.

The CA ServiceDesk connector from the Connector ISO can be removed by rerunning the installer and unchecking the specific connectors' checkbox and completing the installation.

If your referring to the Service Catalog deployed CMDB connector then I am not sure how that can be uninstalled and we would want to follow up with the  Catalog team.

• 5.  RE: Uninstall Service Desk Connector

Posted Mar 30, 2020 10:53 AM
    Hi @Michael Niebuhr,

First of all, thank you for you feedback.
    It doesn't work, but theres something strange. When I install the connector back, all the definitions are already filled (host, user, pwd, etc...), so it looks like the unistall doensn't delete everything of the connetor.​
    Have you any other tips :)?

Regards,
    Sérgio Castro

• 6.  RE: Uninstall Service Desk Connector

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 11:28 AM
    Hmm, that sounds like it is due to the Process definitions being a separate entity in the database.

The 'Connector' is simply a library of operators that can then be used in process definitions. Once you place an operator into a process definition, it is then part of that process definition itself and is saved separately from the original library of operators.

For a number of reasons, we do not want the uninstaller to clear operators from existing process definitions. So this is likely why you are seeing this behavior; the uninstall removed the base 'library' of the operator, but can not reach into definitions to remove existing uses of those operators.
    I am guessing here, but I think to completely remove the connector you would need to completely remove all uses of the connectors operators from all Process Definitions then uninstall the operator.

What problem are you having? You mention that you made some changes an now no service desk operators are returning results.

What changes did you make?
    What occurs when you attempt to use the service desk operators?

• 7.  RE: Uninstall Service Desk Connector

Posted Mar 31, 2020 05:43 AM
    Hum ok, can be.
    I also try to use new objects to test and none of the objetcs works.

I've runned the reinstall for PAM.
    WhenI run the Service Desk Objects, the status is failed and thers no SoapResponseBody. There's any way to see the logs for this?

• 8.  RE: Uninstall Service Desk Connector

Posted Apr 01, 2020 04:37 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello everybody,

There is a CP1 for PAM 4.3.04, which brings a new casdservice.jar. Maybe this new ServiceDesk Connector will help.

SO08526

regards
    Stefan

Projekt Manager
    CCA Systemberatung

Attachment(s)

• 9.  RE: Uninstall Service Desk Connector

Posted Apr 01, 2020 11:28 AM
      |   view attached
    Excuse me,

the attached html file cannot really be read.
    Here again as a PDF.

regards
    Stefan

Projekt Manager
    CCA Systemberatung

Attachment(s)

• 10.  RE: Uninstall Service Desk Connector
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 02, 2020 01:21 PM
      |   view attached
    Excuse me,
    the html file cannot really be read.
    I have attached the info again as a PDF.

regards
    Stefan

Projekt Manager
    CCA Systemberatung

Attachment(s)

• 11.  RE: Uninstall Service Desk Connector

Posted Apr 13, 2020 10:49 AM
    Hi @Stefan van der Weck,

It work's. The upgrade solves the problem.
    Thank you for your support.

Regards,
    Sérgio Castro​