Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Tuesday's TIp wish: How to restore corrupt user view in v13

Posted Jan 01, 2013 06:31 PM
    In pre v13 a corrupt user view could be restored by establishing the URL of the view configure page and undoing the corruptive changes.

In v13 the configure view is a pop up and cannot be accessed in the same manner.

Is there a way to access then configuration of corrupted user view in v13?

Martti K.

• 2.  RE: Tuesday's TIp wish: How to restore corrupt user view in v13

Posted Jan 02, 2013 05:08 AM
    Hmmm interesting... never occurred to me that that "workaround" doesn't work in V13! :sad
    DELETE FROM CMN_GRID_COLS WHERE grid_id = ????;
    ('unsupported' of course)

then mend the view "properly" in the application? :unsure:

• 3.  RE: Tuesday's TIp wish: How to restore corrupt user view in v13

Posted Jan 02, 2013 12:18 PM
    While its not pretty, you can build the URL with the help of some firefox features that lets you see all the parameters passed when you click on "Configure". I can't promise it will work with the addition of partitions but it is at least a glimmer of hope if you need it. I think I used "Copy Link Location" on the configure link to get something like this.

javascript:navigateToURLTarget('modalrefresh','app?action=npt.filterUserLayoutEntry','ui.page.space=mainnav.work','ui.page.template=union.appPage','url=/niku/app?action=mainnav.work&classCode=project','pageId=projmgr.projectList','classCode=project','portletInstanceId=projmgr.projectList_odf','object=project','component=projmgr','id=projmgr.projectList','view_code=projectList','filter_view_code=projectList','isFilter=true')

I then just compared it to v12 and plugged in the parameters from v13 above.

For the resource list page, you can use this :
    [Clarity URL]/niku/nu#action:npt.filterUserLayoutEntry&view_code=resourceList&filter_view_code=resourceList&object=resource&component=projmgr&url=%2Fniku%2Fapp%3Faction=projmgr.getResources%26reload=true&ui.page.space=projmgr.getResources&ui.page.template=union.appPage&portletInstanceId=projmgr.getResources&id=projmgr.resourceList

or the project list page, you can use this :
    [Clarity URL]/niku/nu#action:npt.filterUserLayoutEntry&ui.page.space=mainnav.work&ui.page.template=union.appPage&url=%2Fniku%2Fapp?action=mainnav.work%3DclassCode=project&pageId=projmgr.projectList&portletInstanceId=projmgr.projectList_odf&object=project&component=projmgr&id=projmgr.projectList&view_code=projectList&filter_view_code=projectList&isFilter=true

Hope this helps

• 4.  RE: Tuesday's TIp wish: How to restore corrupt user view in v13
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 02, 2013 07:37 PM
    Thank you both for your input.

I conclude that basically the same method still works to access the configuration page with a little twist, because Clarity display configuration pages like normal pages but pop ups

You get the details from the pop up page with right clicking "Configure" and copying the link location to a text editor.
    replace ',' with &
    drop ') at the end
    locate app?action= delete that and everything to the left of it
    Insert <server URL>/niku/nu#action:

So you don't need v12 as a model just another user ID.

A proactive Clarity admin could prepare the URLs for the configuration pages and store them in a manner for easy usage eg as personal links and when needed create them as site links. or put them on separate html portlets and allow access to the troubled users when needed ....

Martti K.

• 5.  RE: Tuesday's TIp wish: How to restore corrupt user view in v13

Posted Jan 03, 2013 05:16 PM

How about doing none of this and just having a corrupt filter, configuration or view not fail the whole the UI in a non recoverable fashion?

Please vote up the More Graceful Fail on Pages with Failed Portlet Filters if you believe this would add value to your organization.

• 6.  RE: Tuesday's TIp wish: How to restore corrupt user view in v13

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2013 08:37 PM
    Clarity version 13 does give us a challenge as you have outlined.
    Besides what was discussed, the only other alternative is to do a 'publish' from the Administration, but that will wipe out all personalizations for all users on that object or portlet view.
    I like the suggestion to promote the idea to enhance the product to handle the system error messages better so that the end-users can correct the issue immediately without affecting other users.

I voted!