DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CA Spectrum: Error creating ServiceNow Ticket

Posted Mar 20, 2017 07:29 PM

I have integrated CA Spectrum 10.2 and ServiceNow and receiving the below error related to severity fields when trying to create a ticket for a alarm. 

Any clues if I have missed something ..please advice 

Mar 21, 2017 10:11:00.526 (http-bio-80-exec-19) (SDIntegration) - Creating ticket: problemType='', endUserId='' asset='', alarmId='58c1dacf-2dee-1000-0416-0050569b6c27'
    Mar 21, 2017 10:11:00.776 - Error occurred while attempting to create a ticket in Service Desk. java.lang.Exception: {"Error":{"ErrorCode":157,"ErrorMessage":"Invalid data critical for field severity. Possible values [[high, low, medium]]","HTTPResponseCode":"BAD_REQUEST","HTTPResponseCodeValue":400}}
    Mar 21, 2017 10:11:00.776 (http-bio-80-exec-19) (SDIntegration) - SDServlet - create ticket failed

• 2.  Re: CA Spectrum: Error creating ServiceNow Ticket

Posted Mar 21, 2017 06:53 AM

Hi Phani

Just to let you know I also have the same issue. I have exactly the same entries in catalina.out and the same popup error message. I raised a case yesterday with CA support and will let you know if I hear anything useful from them.

Regards, John

• 3.  Re: CA Spectrum: Error creating ServiceNow Ticket

Posted Mar 21, 2017 07:24 AM

Thanks John 

I have opened an issue with Support today , will pass on if I hear something 

• 4.  Re: CA Spectrum: Error creating ServiceNow Ticket

Posted Mar 22, 2017 07:51 AM

Hi Phani

This might be relevant to the issue ... Spec KB: Ticket is not created in ServiceAide (formerly known as CA Cloud Service Management) ... the errors look similar so it might be a similar issue with ServiceNow.

Not sure what your teams view on this is, but mine have a problem writing to the Incident table of ServiceNow, they won't allow it. I'm still waiting on answers from CA but not sure this solution will work for me.

John

• 5.  Re: CA Spectrum: Error creating ServiceNow Ticket

Posted Mar 22, 2017 06:23 PM

Hi JohnO2

I went through the tech doc it suggests to grant administration role to the Service Desk Admin User account. The user I am using seems to be having the needed permissions already as per the SNOW team...may not be related to the issue I am facing 

Thanks 

Phani

• 6.  Re: CA Spectrum: Error creating ServiceNow Ticket

Posted Jun 27, 2017 05:57 AM