IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  PAM 4.3.03 - Can't import content - Library remains empty

Posted Nov 08, 2019 10:32 AM
    This is a new install of 4.3.03 to be integrated with SDM 17.1.02.  The is a test VM with all products on same server.

ISSUE / STEPS TO REPRODUCE.

1. From a new install, on the Home Page.  Select 'Browse Out-of-the-Box Content'.  The pop-up "Out of the Box Content does not exist.  Do you want to import it?"  Select Yes.  This is replaced with a "Importing Data ...Loading XML" dialog for a brief second and then the Library tab is displayed.  There is nothing under the root (/) folder.
    2. Try to manually import a file.  In this case, I am trying the 17.1 ITIL Content Pack xml file.  I right-clicked on the root folder and selected Import.  I completed the Import dialog by navigating to the file and after selecting it, completed the Import dialog by selecting "Set Imported Version as Current" and "Make Imported Custom Operators Available". After selecting Submit, the" Importing Data ...Loading XM"L dialog is displayed for several seconds (as that is a much larger file) and it then disappears and there is still no content under root.

I tried using both Chrome and FireFox.

I recall that (many years ago) there was an issue with folder header files being corrupted if you first used Chrome after installation. It was resolved then, so I went back to Chrome since its rendering of process images was cleaner than Firefox for me.  I did use Chrome after installation for what its worth.

Looking at c2o.log, I see this error when trying to load the OOTB content:

2019-11-08 10:17:49,509 ERROR [com.optinuity.c2o.util.ImportDocumentUtil] [68.0.114-8081-4] saxParser exception. The exception message is The element type "hr" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</hr>".​

and this when I try to import the ITIL Content Pack:

2019-11-08 10:28:02,363 ERROR [com.optinuity.c2o.util.ImportDocumentUtil] [68.0.114-8081-2] saxParser exception. The exception message is Content is not allowed in prolog.
    ​

Any guidance would be appreciated.

J.W.

------------------------------
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED

• 2.  RE: PAM 4.3.03 - Can't import content - Library remains empty

Posted Jan 19, 2020 09:52 PM
    Has anyone seen this before?

J.W.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED