Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Team Allocations Calendar View

Posted Jun 09, 2016 07:36 PM

Hello,

Are you familiar with a ‘calendar view’ by resource teams and all of their allocations across variable time periods?

I’m trying to use the tool instead of exporting to Excel to see where they may be traveling etc. and if there may be potential conflicts of being double-booked.

I need to be able to see where they are every week and avoid overbooking those with the "master" skillset.

Any suggestions?

• 2.  Re: Team Allocations Calendar View

Posted Jun 28, 2016 08:26 AM

Hi Alberta,

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but we have used the following:  Home -> Resource Management, select Resource Planning.  Go to the 'Top Down Planning' tab and filter on the team while including all the Investment Types.  I then click on the 'Resource/Role' column to get each person's allocations to sort together so I can see at a glance what people have each week.

Cheerio,

Gail

• 3.  Re: Team Allocations Calendar View

Posted Jun 28, 2016 09:44 AM

Don't forget that when you are looking at resource allocation information in the TSV attribute, there is a feature that limits the range of data you can see. See below:

In the Out of the Box configuration the date ranges are as follows:

28 Daily - One week in the past, the current day and 3 weeks in the future
    16 Weekly - 2 weeks in the past, the current week and 13 weeks in the future
    36 Monthly - 4 quarters in the past, the current quarter and 7 quarters in the future
    Year, Quarter and Monthly periods all use monthly slices

With the extension, the new internal time slice ranges will be as follows:

42 Daily - 7 days in the past, the current day and 4 weeks in the future
    45 Weekly - 4 weeks in the past, the current week and 40 weeks in the future
    51 Monthly - 4 quarters in the past, the current quarter and 12 quarters in the future
    Year, Quarter and Monthly periods all use monthly slices

The extension is a simple .xml file which gets applied to your Clarity instance. Support can provide you with the file (or request the extension for On Demand customers.)  All you need to do is enter a case to request the TSV Extension.

Note: This is the only approved extension for TSV date ranges.

• 4.  Re: Team Allocations Calendar View

Posted Jun 29, 2016 04:50 AM

The option to those system slices and their  time ranges is user defined allocation timeslices and query based portlet(s).

The downside of those include fixed number of columns and fixed column labels.

• 5.  Re: Team Allocations Calendar View

Posted Jun 29, 2016 11:18 AM

Hi Alberta - Did any of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!