CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Add / modify field in Web Screen Painter (CA Service Desk)

Posted Mar 09, 2016 09:42 AM

Hi,

I have added "Root cause" field to "Update status" form, and I would like to set up the default value for that field.

Actually the default value should be set on opening incident, in detail_in form.

This is how code looks like now: <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Root Cause" attr="rootcause">

I have tried adding something like this: <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Root Cause" attr="rootcause" default="Network">

Also I have tried drop down menu version, but no succes, there is no default value:

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Root Cause" attr=rootcause default="Network" evt="onBlur='manual_modify();detailSyncEditForms(this)'" initial="" lookup=no>

Can you help me, what am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Stjepan

• 2.  Re: Add / modify field in Web Screen Painter (CA Service Desk)

Posted Mar 14, 2016 03:22 AM

Have you tried doing this with the data partition defaults? If this is a global default then the DP way might be the easiest for you.

Also, didn't test this, but have you tried with the rel attr values instead of sym values of rc?

• 3.  Re: Add / modify field in Web Screen Painter (CA Service Desk)

Posted Mar 14, 2016 04:02 AM

Hi Jussi,

thanks for your reply. Can you please explain or give me example for Data partition default? I only know how to set up View restriction with data partition.

Also, what do you mean by rel attr values and sym values? I am quiet new in Service Desk so an example would help.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Stjepan

• 4.  Re: Add / modify field in Web Screen Painter (CA Service Desk)

Posted Mar 14, 2016 04:04 AM

Ok, I have found Root_cause Defaults... but don't know what to put in constraint to make certain root cause default... how does the line of code look like?

• 5.  Re: Add / modify field in Web Screen Painter (CA Service Desk)
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 14, 2016 04:20 AM

You'll add the defaults to Call_Req and make it look like this (replace the 123456 with your desired rootcause id)

rootcause=123456

• 6.  Re: Add / modify field in Web Screen Painter (CA Service Desk)

Posted Mar 14, 2016 05:33 AM

Thank you very much, this works!  I have tried putting default value to Root_cause Defaults, but that doesn't work.

Your option works excelent, thank you!

Best regards,

Stjepan