Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  PAM-SC 14.1: View Report

Posted May 28, 2020 10:40 AM
    Good day,
    I configured PAM-SC 14.1 with JasperReport 6.4.3 and everything seems to working fine but I have some problem to "View Report" from the PAM-SC web-console.

I'm using Internet Explorer 11 and if I try to "view report" the page appears blank and the only option that I have is to download the file in pdf format (which provide me the information required).
    Also from JasperReport Server UI I can view the report dynamically without issue.
    I checked the log of both side an no error appears.
    From PAM-SC side it insert the correct URL and credential + encrypted string.
    From JasperReport server it reply with a REST 200 once I try to view the report.

I remember that in previous versions of PIM and Report Server there was this "problem" that could be resolved using Firefox or Chrome.
    Unfortunately the client not allow the use of other browsers so I couldn't isolate the problem until now.

So my question are:

- Have you ever encountered this kind of problem? Was related with Internet Explorer?
    - There is a way to allow the dynamic view of Report from PAM-SC UI using Internet Explorer? There are some browser configurations that I can check?

Thanks for you help.

Regards,
    Andrea Gimmelli

• 2.  RE: PAM-SC 14.1: View Report
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 28, 2020 10:51 AM

Hello Andrea,

What you see is expected.

Unlike in the legacy BOXI based CABI, now with the Jasper based CABI the call to "View Report" from within the PIM or PAMSC ENTM UI is not supported any longer.

To view the reports one needs to explicitly use the jasperserver-pro UI

Best Regards,

Andreas

• 3.  RE: PAM-SC 14.1: View Report

Posted May 28, 2020 11:33 AM
    Hello Andreas,
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    So the view Report from PAM-SC and PIM is no longer available. Got it, thanks. But why I'm able to download the pfd via internet explorer?

Anyway, doesn't matter. But I have a suggestion if I can:
    If View Report option and all the features related to it is not supported any longer, should be better to remove them from UI or at least remove it from the documentation becuase there is not trace that these functionalities are no longer supported for PAM-SC and maybe a client expect them.

Run Report:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-privileged-access-management/privileged-access-manager-server-control/14-1/administrating/enterprise-administration/reporting-using-jasperreports-server/run-and-view-reports/run-report.html

View Report:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-privileged-access-management/privileged-access-manager-server-control/14-1/administrating/enterprise-administration/reporting-using-jasperreports-server/run-and-view-reports/view-report.html

Thanks for the support.

Regards,
    Andrea Gimmelli