CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Exclude Obsolete computers from all the groups.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2020 05:02 AM
    Dear Team,

1. I created a group with Obsolete computers. Created a query where lastAgentRun > 30 days.
    Now I want to exclude all obsolete computers from the other groups. How can I do that?

Regards,
    Pavel.

• 2.  RE: Exclude Obsolete computers from all the groups.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2020 11:40 PM
    Hi Pavel,

The best option is to use the existing wizard for obsolete assets under Queries. It gives an option to create query and a group linked to the query with obsolete assets and also allows to delete the obsolete assets automatically. If you choose manual option, group created by you needs to be evaluated once linked with query and then inside the group manual deletion of assets needs to be done.

Thanks,
    Rekha

• 3.  RE: Exclude Obsolete computers from all the groups.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2020 06:01 AM
    Hi Rekha,

I got your suggestion, but in my case I don't want to delete the Obsolete computers, or I don't want to delete all of them.
    However I want to create some other groups where I want to exclude computers which are obsolete or part of Obsolete Group.
    any suggestions for this scenario?

Regards,
    Pavel.

• 4.  RE: Exclude Obsolete computers from all the groups.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2020 06:32 AM

Hi Pavel,

If you are building a new Query based group then just include "and not member of xxxxx" group in your query.

Rgds,

Steve.

• 5.  RE: Exclude Obsolete computers from all the groups.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2020 06:33 AM
    Hi Pavel,

To get the result that you are expecting you can create a custom query where you select the list of machines based on the requirement of group creation and not in the list of output of the obsolete query which was created earlier.  So its basically creating a custom query combining both and using it for group creation. That should solve the problem you are facing.

Thanks,
    Rekha