DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Monitoring IS-IS, DWDM, GPON protocols

Posted May 28, 2018 04:23 PM

I need to find a way to monitor these protocols: IS-IS, DWDM, GPON, and how you suggest we could make it with CA spectrum.

• 2.  Re: Monitoring IS-IS, DWDM, GPON protocols

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2018 09:32 PM

Hi Gusbely,

CA Spectrum works by discovering a device (via its IP address) and if that devices has an active SNMP agent, then Spectrum will model it on the basis of the OIDs in the MIB data that the device agent responds with (so long as these OIDs are 'certified' in Spectrum - i.e. mapped to metrics and attributes within Spectrum).

If there is no agent, then Spectrum can discover it as a 'pingable' device, meaning, Spectrum only assesses whether the device responds to ping or not (i.e. Up or Down).

A third option would be to use CA Mediation Manager (CAMM) which can connect to non-SNMP devices and gather data from them, then pass this to Spectrum in a format it can understand.

With regards to these protocols, it would depend upon the physical device which runs them having an SNMP agent (or CAMM module) which can gather the required data and then pass it through to Spectrum.