Layer 7 Privileged Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

ca pam client login slow

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  ca pam client login slow

Posted 13 days ago
    To Access ca pam server we are using ca pam client. while login with credential around 40 sec take time to reach dashboard. I clear all caches from temp and from client also. but we are facing similar type issue. So please can you give me the proper solution so I can login ca pam client fast.
     For login pam client we only open the 443 port but is we required to open other port??

------------------------------
    Network and security Engineer technical associative
    Cas Trading House

• 2.  RE: ca pam client login slow

Posted 12 days ago

Hello Sudip,

I think this is kind of normal – I also notice this – it became worse in recent versions of the product.

Best Regards,

Andreas

• 3.  RE: ca pam client login slow
    Best Answer

Posted 11 days ago
    The dashboard itself is not fast.  But clearing your cache will certainly slow things down somewhat.

There are a couple of things that can speed you up a bit:

1. For administrative tasks, use chrome or firefox.  These don't support Java, so they won't work for doing normal user tasks, but they work fine for administration and load a bit faster since there is no java applets to load.
    2. Disable PAM client upgrade checking: https://docops.ca.com/ca-privileged-access-manager-hotfixes/EN/3-1-2-hotfixes/3-1-2-02-hotfix#id-3.1.2.02Hotfix-(Optional)DisableCAPAMClientUpdateChecking
    3. Optimize your SSL configuration by using a ssl cert that is issued by a trusted root CA that uses a fast OCSP server for certificate validation.

That said, in my testing, waiting for the dashboard accounted for about 2/3's of the time it takes to get logged in.  So the above will be limited in how much time it might save.

• 4.  RE: ca pam client login slow

Posted 11 days ago
    Hi,

There are numerous factors when determining performances issues with any solution:

1> Is there any anti-virus software that could be potentially putting overhead on us?
    2> How many hops away is the PAM Client to the PAM Appliance?  The more hops the more network latency = equals slower performance.
         --> Any potential to use a Jump Server that is closer to the PAM Appliance?
    3> Does the workstation that you are running on have any resource problem (IE: CPU/Memory)?  If it is a Citrix or VMware View - are the resources fully allocated?

Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Kevin D.

• 5.  RE: ca pam client login slow

Posted 7 days ago
    Thank you
    Please find the inline comment.

1> Is there any anti-virus software that could be potentially putting overhead on us?
    Yes, not overhead
    2> How many hops away is the PAM Client to the PAM Appliance?  The more hops the more network latency = equals slower performance.
         --> Any potential to use a Jump Server that is closer to the PAM Appliance?
    Same Network 
    3> Does the workstation that you are running on having any resource problem (IE: CPU/Memory)?  If it is a Citrix or VMware View - are the resources fully allocated?
    CPU used 0%
    RAM 13%
    HDD 5%
    Last line not understand?

Network and security Engineer technical associative
    Cas Trading House
    Putalisadak, KTM

• 6.  RE: ca pam client login slow

Posted 6 days ago
    Sudip,

Please enable the CA PAM client debug log and check, you might be able to find a problem with a connection?

Thanks,
    Reatesh.

Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom