Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  TIME APPROVAL PROCESS ON INCIDENTS

Posted Aug 10, 2018 11:24 AM

Hi, we are testing the incidents functionality on our DEV environment. What we need is to enter time on incidents related to applications, we do not want to use projects or tasks.

So far we were using the standard timesheet approval process included on CA PPM but in this scenario this process is failing stating there is no resource to send the approval action to. On the process definition the action is sent to the PROJECT MANAGERS.

If we want these actions to be sent to the APPLICATION MANAGER how can we achieve that, it seems there is no field like that we can use on the process, only project managers, resource managers and others.?

Regards,

Juan.

• 2.  Re: TIME APPROVAL PROCESS ON INCIDENTS

Posted Aug 15, 2018 11:59 PM

Yes, there does not appear to be a field for routing incident time to the parent NPIO's manager (such as Application Manager or the Product Manager). You may have to include Resource Manager to approve the timesheet (in addition to the Project Manager). This is assuming there is a resource manager role and they are willing to take on the burden of approving timesheets. 

• 3.  Re: TIME APPROVAL PROCESS ON INCIDENTS

Posted Aug 16, 2018 12:46 AM

My current issue is that the resources working on incidents also works in projects and other investments.

So far we were using the ootb timesheet process so if one resource works on 5 projects each project manager will receive the approval action showing only the information related to his project.
    If that same resource now works 5 projects and one incident, and I set the approval process using resource manager I will loose that benefit, and also I will have to determine one resource to approve every timesheet even when there are no incidents on them.
    This should work as it does with projects. If I name an application manager he should be getting the approval.
    We have several aplication owners on the organization and they need to be involved in this, since hours mean money and budget.

• 4.  Re: TIME APPROVAL PROCESS ON INCIDENTS

Posted Aug 16, 2018 12:57 AM

I wasn't suggesting that you incorporate resource manager approval by removing the project manager approval. You will have to retain both in your workflow. So, the timesheet will get routed to the project manager as well as the resource manager. That way you do not lose out on the project manager approval.

But, I agree with your larger point regarding the ability to have the Application Owner approve time. You may want to log a ticket with CA Support on this.