Thanks for replying, I checked my file and your file, both are same.
As mentioned, the metrics - UserStore:Errors Per Interval, Login:Errors Per Interval, Validate:Errors Per Interval, Logout:Errors Per Interval etc. are not present in your file also.
Also, these metrics are not reporting.
We are using CA APM 9.7 and SiteMinder Manager 12.0.4.
Any idea, can it be some different issue?
Only "PolicyStore:Errors Per Interval" which is present in xml file is reporting regarding the Errors Per Interval.
There were two questions asked. This branch is why the metric is not showing up.
Not seeing metrics is often tied to the shared memory segment. I found these Knowledge docs that may be of help. Running (IntroscopeNativeDataReporter.sh -list will show the metrics being sent.
Steps to follow before/after upgrading SiteMinder Manager for Policy Server or Web Agent. (for Windows) This talks about recreating the shared memory segment
SiteMinder Manager Agent does not report any metrics for SiteMinder Web Agents
Siteminder's Shared memory (IntroscopeNativeDataReporter.sh -list) shows Web Agents metrics but they do not show up in the APM Investigator.
Failing that, please open a case to pursue further. I am marking as answered. However, you are welcome to post followup notes and the status of the case.
Ok, i checked all the three links, 2nd link helps little bit,
I checked the metric through IntroscopeNativeDataReporter.exe -list, the metrics "Errors Per Interval" is not showing up at all.
Already we had ca ticket, but no solution at yet.
I see your name in some recent cases but none that are active currently. If you have an active case numbers please share. Not showing in the list says the Policy Server is not sending the metric. I am still thinking that the shared memory segment needs to be recreated.
There is no specific configuration required to enable "Error per Interval" metric to be reported for User Store, it will only show up if there are actual errors reported by Policy Server Event Handler library. If no errors are reported than it's normal to not see this metric reporting in first place, once it gets reported than it will continue to report 0 values if no further errors happen.
For e.g if Policy Server fails to access the required User Store it should generate a error and consecutively should be reported by Siteminder Manager, so perhaps you can try that out as a test in your non-prod environment.
I can see from our internal QA system that validation has been done for this specific metric / use case.
Please note that Wily Siteminder Manager Agent consumes data produced by Siteminder Policy Server plugin so unless they report an error to us we won't report it.
The IntroscopeNativeDataReporter output will help you confirm whether or not Siteminder Plugin itself is reporting any "Errors Per Interval" metric or not. If metric doesn't exists then SMM Agent will not reporting those too.
Since information originates from the Siteminder Policy Server plugin you would need to report the issue to the Siteminder support.
You should attach to your case
- Smps.log, smtrace.log, please note attach full set of smps.log showing exact version policy server you are currently running, as well as the error you receiving.
- SMM output
I hope this helps,
Thanks for the information. As per the your information, I did one test case- to show up the metric "User Store Error", I stopped the User Store service -> checked smps.logs- getting connection error, but metric is not showing up. here is the snippet of smps.log
smps.log[5052/5468][Fri Sep 23 2016 08:48:36][SmDsLdapConnMgr.cpp:647][ERROR][sm-Ldap-01280] SmDsLdapConnMgr (ldap_search_ext_s) in PingServer : Can't contact LDAP server at <IP>:636[5052/5468][Fri Sep 23 2016 08:48:37][SmDsLdapConnMgr.cpp:909][ERROR][sm-Ldap-01370] SmDsLdapConnMgr Bind. Server <IP> : 636. Error 91-Can't connect to the LDAP server
Also, I see that only "Validate:Error" metric is showing up, other metric like "Login error", "Logout error", "Authorize error" "isProtected error" also not showing up, though we have login failed and authorization failed transaction in smaccess.log (AuthReject, AuthAttempt, AzReject).
Can you confirm whether i am executing right testcase to show up the metric, i want to do End-to-End testing for every metrics in Dev before moving to other non-prod and prod environment.