Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) Integration

Posted Jan 28, 2016 12:34 PM

I saw a thread on integration with IBM's Rational Suite using Web Services.  We have that Suite, but are interested with integrating with RTC in particular.

1. 1.  Has anyone integrated with the Team Concert portion of that Suite for time tracking? Our developers enter task/work time in RTC (Rational Team Concert), and we are wanting to extract that time info and load into CA PPM so that our developers do not have to enter their time twice (1x in RTC and a second time in CA PPM).  This would not only save time, but hopefully also avoid user errors in data entry.
    2. 2. If so, did you use Web Services?  What issues did you encounter, if any? 
    3. 3. Pros and cons of this integration? (Are there so many issues that we just stay with everyone just keying in info in both systems).

Note:  I realize a number of companies out there use Jira, Version 1, etc., which are more commongly integrated with CA PPM,  but those tools are not an option for us right now.  RTC is it.
    Thx!

---Andi

• 2.  Re: IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) Integration
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 08, 2016 07:37 AM

Hello acreek

I was looking for the same information when I found this:

Webinar - CA Clarity PPM Integration | Tasktop

I am also told that RTC has a "connector for CA Clarity". The naming may well indicate the age of the connector but hopefully this proves helpful.

Regards,

Miles.

*EDIT* Of course there is also CA ALC which could bridge a host of solutions into CA PPM to offer even more functionality from application lifecycle perspective.

• 3.  Re: IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) Integration

Posted Jun 14, 2016 04:05 PM

Hi Andi - Did Miles' response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!