Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Subpage Display conditions - Possible bug and facts

Posted Jan 08, 2016 12:16 PM

I have a problem with display condition in subpages of a custom object (Object: myobject | Partition: mypartition | View: General | Mode: Edit - Property Layout).

In brief, some subpages entries are not displayed in the page menu though conditions are valid, furthermore depending of the order of subpages and its conditions, we can have different results such as displaying all entries or missing those subpages with conditions based in lookup values.

Facts:

1st subpage with condition based in partitioned attribute and fixed value or  from a lookup(all entries displayed)

1st subpage with a tricky condition true 1==1 (missing subpages with condition based in attribute and value from a lookup)

1st subpage with a check User group condition (missing subpages with condition based in attribute and value from a lookup)

It is very easy to see what is happening looking at the following screenshots:

all_subpages_displayed1.png

all_subpages_displayed2.png

lookup_subpages_missing.png

Subpage_missing.png

From the sqltrace clarity log extract I couldn't see the cause, but i'll continue checking it..

Any idea?

(it was tested in Clarity v13.3)

On the other hand, despite the symptoms of following CA KB are quite different, i think both issues could have a common root cause:

Clarity: When the display condition of a subpage is impossible to be met, consequent subpages with display conditions that are met are not shown

Document ID:  TEC616505

Last Modified Date:  9/4/2014

Solution:

WORKAROUND:

None.

STATUS/RESOLUTION:

Targeted to be resolved in the next release, Dansborg

• 2.  Re: Subpage Display conditions - Possible bug and facts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2016 06:42 PM

I submitted an update to the KB / that issue was resolved in CA PPM 14.1

• 3.  Re: Subpage Display conditions - Possible bug and facts

Posted Jan 11, 2016 02:34 AM

Hello Kathryn,

I can see the update in KB TEC616505, but or the KB text is incomplete or the issue is different, because conditions in my previous post are met and also displayed, but problem happen with following true conditions of a different type (object attributes)

thanks

• 4.  Re: Subpage Display conditions - Possible bug and facts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2016 08:26 PM

Your issue must have similar symptom, but maybe has a different root cause.

I would suggest opening up a case with our Support team for further investigation ; it may be due to your specific configuration.

• 5.  Re: Subpage Display conditions - Possible bug and facts

Posted Jan 21, 2016 03:56 PM

I've seen something similar in the past.  Our issue was any sub-page that was listed after a page with an invalid display condition would not display.  Our work-around was to move all the invalid pages to the bottom of the list. This way all the valid pages would continue to display.