CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  update Service Request notes when email is sent with Service request number

Posted Jan 09, 2018 07:51 AM

Hi All,

is there any feasibility to update Service Request comments/notes when email is sent with Service request number in Subject in ca catalog

• 2.  Re: update Service Request notes when email is sent with Service request number
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2018 08:54 AM

Good Afternoon Nupur.

This is the same question that you raised earlier today in a Chat, right?

Unfortunately that is not something that can be done currently in the product. 

You can certainly post an idea here on the communities so folks can vote for it and product management can review it for possible inclusion in a future version of the product.

Thanks and kind regards, Louis.

• 3.  Re: update Service Request notes when email is sent with Service request number

Posted Jan 09, 2018 09:05 AM

The way I do this is I don't let service catalog send any email, I control this kinda thing in Process Automation. You can do what you want using PAM.

#processautomation4.3.02

• 4.  Re: update Service Request notes when email is sent with Service request number

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2018 11:52 AM

Thanks for the helpful hint.

Do you have any more details that you share regarding the PAM process you have developed to achieve this?

• 5.  Re: update Service Request notes when email is sent with Service request number

Posted Jan 10, 2018 08:09 AM

Hi Paul,

This is something that is usually specific with Clients needs, but this is easier done when you are starting an implementation, of course. Shift everything to PAM may takes time, and depending on the team's background it can be a really hard task.

But, once you have an Action/Rule/Event (yes I invert it to show that the one that calls PAM is the Action) that triggers a SRF on PAM that call a Process, the sky is the limit, you only have to be creative.

What I usually do is, the way PAM+Catalog works best in my opinion, is Catalog controlling access to an offer (in the end, a form). Everything else I use PAM.

My two cents