DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Introscope Agent v10.5.2 SP2 Installer Error: Flexeraax2$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load (Windows Server 2016)

Posted Oct 01, 2018 03:01 PM

So for another server I tried the command above which worked on a different server but not this one. I got the following pop-up

When I click on "Details" button, I get the following:

Flexeraax2$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load
    at Flexeraax2.af(Unknown Source)
    at Flexeraax2.aa(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.init(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:90)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:508)
    at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

Any ideas what's the issue?

Thanks

Manish

• 2.  Re: Introscope Agent v10.5.2 SP2 Installer Error: Flexeraax2$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 04:07 PM

what's the JRE version?

• 3.  Re: Introscope Agent v10.5.2 SP2 Installer Error: Flexeraax2$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 06:34 PM

Hi Manish,

I branched your new error here.

Looks like some Flexera InstallShield dll loading problem.

If you hold down the Ctrl key and execute the installer .exe a console window will normally pop-up which will show more trace/debug data (equivalent to setting environment variable LAX_DEBUG=true but I have not been able to get that to work on Windows myself): Setting the CA APM Installer in debug output for t - CA Knowledge 

However the dll load failure may also prevent the console window from loading.

Regards,

Lynn

• 4.  Re: Introscope Agent v10.5.2 SP2 Installer Error: Flexeraax2$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load (Windows Server 2016)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 07:15 PM

This KB for Standalone agent installer on Windows 2016 has a similar DLL loading message : Apache tomcat install error - CA Knowledge 

===

Issue:
        Attempting to install APM Standalone PP for Web Servers on Windows 2016 - after running for a few seconds it quits with an error. Looking at the details, you see text similar to:

Get error Flexeraax2$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load 
    at Flexeraax2.af(Unknown Source) 
    at Flexeraax2.aa(Unknown Source) 
    Environment:
      Windows 2016
    Cause:
      Some configurations of Windows 2016 can cause fatal problems for the PP for Webservers installer.
    Resolution:
      The installer is only extracting files from an archive - all steps after that are manual.

Run the installer on a different system, then copy the resulting folder to the target server to continue the installation.

===

From what I have seen in my own environment InstallShied creates a directory under directory %TEMP % with name Innnnnnnnn to hold its temporary files.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn

• 5.  Re: Introscope Agent v10.5.2 SP2 Installer Error: Flexeraax2$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load (Windows Server 2016)

Posted Oct 02, 2018 10:16 AM

Lynn_Williams

I'll try that and see how it goes.

Thanks

Manish

• 6.  Re: Introscope Agent v10.5.2 SP2 Installer Error: Flexeraax2$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load (Windows Server 2016)

Posted Oct 03, 2018 12:35 PM

I installed v10.5.2 SP2 on another server and then copied the "PPWebServers" folder over to the new server. That worked.

Thanks Lynn_Williams

Manish

• 7.  Re: Introscope Agent v10.5.2 SP2 Installer Error: Flexeraax2$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load (Windows Server 2016)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2018 08:53 AM

I am marking Lynn's response correct since that is highly likely to be the answer .Manish can test as time allows