DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  I have Spectrum, UIM & VNA: What is the best path to visualize and monitor Openshift?

Posted May 31, 2018 02:48 AM

Suggestions.. ?

• 2.  Re: I have Spectrum, UIM & VNA: What is the best path to visualize and monitor Openshift?

Posted Jun 01, 2018 10:51 AM

Robert,

First I needed to look up openshift.

OpenShift can refer to OpenShift Origin, RedHat OpenShift Online, Openshift Dedicated, OpenShift Container Platform or OpenShift.io. OpenShift Origin is a computer software product from Red Hat for container-based software deployment and management.

From the perspective of UIM there isn't a probe specific to OpenShift. If the need is clearly defined it should be possible to provide some guidance.

• 3.  Re: I have Spectrum, UIM & VNA: What is the best path to visualize and monitor Openshift?

Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:05 AM

They are all references to the same Redhat technology named "Openshift". Openshift is a docker based solution. I know there is a docker probe for Nimsoft. But I'm not only interested in creating alarms, my initial question was concerning the visability into the Openshift environment that this webpage show: OpenShift Monitoring - CA Technologies  - which I posted into the APM forum, but they pointed me to this forum for further assistance.

/Roberth

• 4.  Re: I have Spectrum, UIM & VNA: What is the best path to visualize and monitor Openshift?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:44 AM

Hi Robert, 

CA APM would offer you the best monitoring of openshift (via agent).
    Install and Configure OpenShift Monitoring - CA Digital Experience Insights Application Performance Management - CA Tech… 

UIM can monitor individual components (logs, containers, API, availability, processes...). and based on this you can create a dashboard with status of each component. 

HTH

Nestor

• 5.  Re: I have Spectrum, UIM & VNA: What is the best path to visualize and monitor Openshift?

Posted Jun 07, 2018 08:31 AM

Robert,

Got it, and this will need a new probe. My recommendation is to open an Idea on this to ensure product management is aware of the need. Something like UIM needs a new probe for OpenShift monitoring, and list some of the key items to be monitored.