Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Dollar Symbol in Custom Portlet

Posted Jun 04, 2014 01:06 AM

Hi Team,

Using Clarity 13.3

I have custom portlet which list all the Project and budget information,  i need to know is there any way to show '$' symbol in Amount column.

Please share your thoughts

Thanks,

Adersh Ram

• 2.  RE: Dollar Symbol in Custom Portlet

Posted Jun 04, 2014 04:04 AM

Hi Adersh,

Use concatenation in the Portlet query to show the '$' Symbol in particular Column.

simple example; Select code || '$' from inv_investments -> in Oracle and use + in SQL Server.

-Gurjeet

• 3.  RE: Dollar Symbol in Custom Portlet

Posted Jun 04, 2014 08:45 AM

If $ is interpreted as a code instead of a character you could ecperiment with using the htlm escape code for the dollar sign $

which is ambersand hash 36 and semicolon in case it is not displayed properly here.

Martti K.

• 4.  RE: Dollar Symbol in Custom Portlet

Posted Jun 06, 2014 09:37 AM

Hi Martin and Gurjeet,

Thanks for your reply.

But there is also a Total amount column in the bottom of the Portlet, if i retrive the Budget column as a string type, we cannot show sum of the Budget column in the Portlet.

Thanks,

Adersh

• 5.  RE: Dollar Symbol in Custom Portlet

Posted Jun 06, 2014 04:35 PM

That is a known challenge.

You could try to but the dollar sign in a separate column or see if the MONEY construct still works and provide what you need.

Martti K.

• 6.  RE: Dollar Symbol in Custom Portlet

Posted Jun 09, 2014 06:52 AM

Thanks Martti.. I will check that.

• 7.  RE: Dollar Symbol in Custom Portlet
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 10, 2014 03:19 AM

Hi Adersh,

If your custom porlet is an object based one, creating the required attribute as a MONEY datatype will automatically show the currency column alongside the amount.

If your custom portlet is a query based one, you can use the MONEY datatype in NSQL queries. Just make sure to include the needed currency also in your select statement. This will still allow all the aggregation options. A sample code is given below.

SELECT  @SELECT:DIM:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:PROJECT:I.ID:id@,
             @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:PROJECT:'USD':curr@,
             @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:MONEY(curr):PROJECT:I.labor_etcsum/3600:ETCSUM@

FROM     INV_INVESTMENTS I
    WHERE    I.CREATED_DATE>'10-MAR-14'
    and @FILTER@

Hope this helps.

Georgy

• 8.  RE: Dollar Symbol in Custom Portlet

Posted Jun 10, 2014 08:53 AM

Thanks a lot Georgy, it is worked.