Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Cancelling Running Processes via GEL/XOG

Posted Apr 08, 2013 12:50 PM
    Hello!

I have been asked to remove several processes that get triggered whenever project is created. I also need to cancel and delete any of those processes that might be already initiated and running. The removal piece is easy enough but I am having issues cancelling and deleting the remaining active processes. Is there a way to do this programatically via XOG/GEL? I am relatively new to Clarity development.

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: Cancelling Running Processes via GEL/XOG

Posted Apr 09, 2013 02:23 AM
    Don't think via xog ... need to check :tongue:

Suggest that you take a look at Admin > Processes > Initiated (tab)

Search for the initiated instances for the desired process, select all, and Cancel

NJ

• 3.  RE: Cancelling Running Processes via GEL/XOG

Posted Apr 09, 2013 03:26 PM
    The standard sample xml files for XOGing processes in and out are for the definitions only not instances.

May be it can be done with GEL.

Martti K.

• 4.  RE: Cancelling Running Processes via GEL/XOG

Posted Apr 11, 2013 08:55 AM
      |   view attached
    All,

I was able to resolve this via GEL. I created a script that identifies all instances based on a process name. Then for each instance that gets returned, I delete all the escalations, run objects and processes/sub-processes from the system. I have attached a copy of the script for anyone who would have a need to do the same.

*** Note - I based this script off of the CA delivered Delete Process Instance job. That process chooses instances to delete by status. This one does it based on specific process names. If you need to choose what instances to delete based on status, you'll need to add that to the script.

Attachment(s)

xml
    Decomission Gate.xml   17 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Cancelling Running Processes via GEL/XOG

Posted Apr 11, 2013 09:04 AM
    Neat. cool)

--

Couple of observations ; this is of course an "unsupported" customization - the direct database DELETEs being the 'unsupported' bit (even if the logic is just "copied" from a stock job).
    Since you are not using XOG anywhere in the process, there is no need to log into XOG / establish a sessionid (and then log out at the end) :grin:

• 6.  Re: Cancelling Running Processes via GEL/XOG

Posted Nov 13, 2018 11:21 PM