DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  getting tomcat metrics from windows tomcat7w.exe service

Posted Jul 14, 2017 05:25 PM

I am getting the following error when I put in the -javaagent:<introscopehome>/Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=:<path>/IntroscopeAgent.profile

Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : D:\CA\introscope9.7.1\wily\Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile

This is on windows 2012 R2

Has anyone seen this error before?

• 2.  Re: getting tomcat metrics from windows tomcat7w.exe service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 16, 2017 06:00 PM

Hi Daniel,

You may have a typo with the picking up of the agent profile file so the Tomcat java process cannot find it i.e. you have an extra ":" after the "=" so "=:<path>" should be "=<path>".

If you installed the agent into directory D:\CA\introscope9.7.1\wily\ you should be using something like:

-javaagent:D:\CA\introscope9.7.1\wily\Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=D:\CA\introscope9.7.1\wily\core\config\IntroscopeAgent.profile

If that does not resolve the problem please see this related thread for other advice:

Configuring the Java Agent for Tomcat 

Hope that helps. If not please let us know.

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: getting tomcat metrics from windows tomcat7w.exe service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 16, 2017 06:29 PM

To avoid other problems you might also need to put each property on a separate line in the Tomcat7w.exe service UI Java tab i.e.:

-javaagent:D:\CA\introscope9.7.1\wily\Agent.jar

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=D:\CA\introscope9.7.1\wily\core\config\IntroscopeAgent.profile

• 4.  Re: getting tomcat metrics from windows tomcat7w.exe service
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 17, 2017 09:17 AM

Hello Yanna,

Based on what I saw as the issue on this it turns out that I had to put the -javaagent and -Dcom on two different lines for it to work.

-javaagent:D:\CA\introscope9.7.1\wily\Agent.jar

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=D:\CA\introscope9.7.1\wily\core\config\IntroscopeAgent.profile

Thank you all for your help.

Daniel Addo