DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to start processd

Posted Feb 27, 2020 08:19 PM
    Hi guys,

I have installed Spectrum version 10.2.2 on windows 2012 server since last year. And was working without any problems. But today I stop the processd service and try to started it, but the processd service was unable to start. The rest of the Spectrum´s services can start without any problems, only processd can not start. The windows account used since the installation have not any changes.

Looking in the windows events I found a message error like this:

I have to run the install command in order to can start processd service and Spectroserver.

Anyone have passed for this situation? What was the cause of this behavior?

I hope someone can help me.

Regards

Jose

• 2.  RE: Unable to start processd

Posted Feb 27, 2020 09:55 PM
    Aren't you supposed to starting that as root or with a sudo command so it has full control over what it needs to start as "spectrum" user?

David

------------------------------
    Principal Services Consultant
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Unable to start processd

Posted Feb 27, 2020 10:00 PM
    Hi David,

The installation was on windows platform, not Linux. So there its no root or sudo command.

On windows platform the windows user created to install the product its the one assigned and prepared to stop and start the windows services.

Regards

Jose

• 4.  RE: Unable to start processd

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2020 11:00 PM
    Hi 

Can explore below KB

What are the commands for reinstalling the CA Spectrum processd service due to a user password change on Windows?

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=38207

• 5.  RE: Unable to start processd

Posted Feb 28, 2020 01:36 PM
    Hi Franklin,

Yes, I have to run the command to reinstall processd configuration (user and password). But the situation its that we didn't change user or password on windows user (specuser) used to install the product.

Thats why Im asking, ¿why If we didn't change user or password for windows user processd lost it? Looking for some root cause of this behavior.

Regards

Jose

• 6.  RE: Unable to start processd
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2020 01:54 PM
    Jose,

Is specuser the user used to "install" Spectrum or the user that "owns" the Spectrum installation.

What is the value of the OWNER parameter in the $SPECROOT/.installrc file?

Joe

• 7.  RE: Unable to start processd

Posted Feb 28, 2020 01:59 PM
    Hi Joe,

The windows user (domain user) was used for Spectrum installation. And this user didn't have change password since the day we installed spectrum software.

That's why I cannot understand why processd service lost the configuration (user/password for the windows user).

Regards

Jose