DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  50,000+ Support Articles at your Disposal | ca.com/kb

Posted Apr 13, 2015 07:19 PM

http://www.ca.com/kb

Did you know there were over 50,000 #knowledgebase articles written by #support engineers for users of all CA products?

Studies show over 70% of software users want to find support remedies on their own. That's why each CA Support Engineer is dedicated to creating knowledge base articles for every supported version of every product we sell. To find these knowledge base articles, start here:

http://www.ca.com/kb

Bookmark this page and sort by creation date, product, product version, and more. More importantly - vote for ones you think are great, and let us know if they aren't working for you. The customer success teams check this data often and use your feedback to create new documents and update the old ones.

• 2.  Re: 50,000+ Support Articles at your Disposal | ca.com/kb

Posted Apr 13, 2015 08:37 PM

I appreciate the efforts that CA is doing to better help the end user but I do wish that there were operations guides for the products much like the out of date GreenBooks. There is still much lacking in the area of documentation covering real world scenarios and how to best configure your particular product for a given situation. I'm sure that over the years CA Services has created much documentation during real world deployments that could be edited to become a source of much needed information to the user community

• 3.  Re: 50,000+ Support Articles at your Disposal | ca.com/kb

Posted Apr 13, 2015 08:45 PM

Hi opnet - Thanks for the reply! I've just joined the Customer Success & Support team this year and am still learning myself. Anything I've had trouble finding, I'm trying to make easier, and communicate to you guys. We have a long way to go, but I can honestly say there are literally thousands of people in our organization who are working on the same goal: To improve customer experience. We're making small changes daily, and bigger changes (reorganization of content, redesign of webpages) tend to take a bit longer.

As for the documentation, from the way I understand it, greenbooks were updated to documentation on support.ca.com and have now been moved and are regularly updated at http://wiki.ca.com <-- let me know if this is closer to what you're looking for?

• 4.  Re: 50,000+ Support Articles at your Disposal | ca.com/kb

Posted Apr 13, 2015 08:54 PM

I'd like to see how CA uses it's own products to monitor it own network and applications.

• 5.  Re: 50,000+ Support Articles at your Disposal | ca.com/kb

Posted Apr 13, 2015 09:02 PM

I can help you find information from the support portal that will help you solve issues or connect to a network of engineers that will guide you on your pursuit of self service support. That said - several folks are monitoring these postings, and maybe someone will help answer that one? I don't know the answer - sorry!

• 6.  Re: 50,000+ Support Articles at your Disposal | ca.com/kb

Posted Apr 13, 2015 09:44 PM

What I believe is missing is something on the line of a Operations Guides that cover a particular CA product, such as Spectrum or any other of the products in the CA Service Assurance Suite.  The current documentation is severely lacking in that area.  There is little to no context when it comes to actually configuring the products in a real world environment. The current product documentation to include the wiki is excellent in the product setup and configuration but does little to guide the user on how best configure the product for a particular scenario  .  To borrow an example, Cisco has the Validated Design Guides to guide the user on Cisco TAC certified, best practice configuration guides.

I hope this make sense.

• 7.  Re: 50,000+ Support Articles at your Disposal | ca.com/kb

Posted Apr 14, 2015 01:35 AM

Hi Rachel,

is it just me not knowing what to do or is there a way to sort those Products alphabetically, now it took some five minutes to scroll through the list back and forth and I am not yet sure if there are section for CA UIM.... And when searching with word "UIM" I get 1152 results but showing only 10 wiki links.

Is there a kb article here to help using this kb?

• 8.  Re: 50,000+ Support Articles at your Disposal | ca.com/kb

Posted Apr 14, 2015 08:30 AM

Hi ttahkapaa if you don't need to browse the KB articles, the best way to start from a specific product is via Support by Product page here: Support by Product - CA Technologies This will allow you to begin your search by your product only. Does that help?

Meanwhile, we are working on improving the knowledge base experience. I'll keep you updated!

• 9.  Re: 50,000+ Support Articles at your Disposal | ca.com/kb

Posted Apr 14, 2015 08:56 AM

HI Rachel. Yep, that site, or where it takes me is all too familiar to me. Anyway with one quick search from the kb I found information that a) I have asked from the support quite a many times but never got answer [so there are some good information, tells you why] and b) that information is wrong and actually if you now do what it tells you to do you will ruin the UIM database [the how -part is old]

And yes, I gave feedback there about that